Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

HI,

As posted before i took my car in to have a rattle / creek done last week and also to have an oil leak done too.

surprise surprise the rattle is back! and if anything seams worse (that maybe just cos its greating on me a bit more) but also the car absolutly stinks! it came back pretty dirty with some kind of solvent spray all over it. over the next day or so it started to smell of like a WD40 / solvent type smell this has gradually got worse and worse and its not at the point that its hard to drive the car without the windows open, again that might be because the smell is kind of in the back of my throat. but what could it be someone suggested a diesel or another oil leak, but it doesnt really smell like that. one of those mind tricks too but i am sure the MPG has gone down too!

looked in the engine compartment and without starting to take out all the plastic covers etc there is some kind of fluid sitting in a little puddle under the pullys and the front of the engine.

surely if it was a solvent it would have gone by now (a week and about 150 miles)

Its going back tomorrow but out of interest what could it be?

any ideas?

solvent type smell, mpg down and a puddle of fluid - i would say u have a fuel leak - touch and sniff mate, touch and sniff.........

well yes thats obvious when you put it like that but it doesnt smell like diesel not in the slightest

Might be a outshot but was it the dash rattling/squeeking? (sorry not up to spped on the 220/250) if so they havnt used expanding spray foam behind the dash to try and cure the problem? usually smells like you describe and when warm can give off a bad smell? and have seen this tried before :unsure:

Might be a outshot but was it the dash rattling/squeeking? (sorry not up to spped on the 220/250) if so they havnt used expanding spray foam behind the dash to try and cure the problem? usually smells like you describe and when warm can give off a bad smell? and have seen this tried before :unsure:

Hi yes it was the dash, and i thought that maybe something like that might have been used but its still smelling a week on.

anyway tis in the dealers now so hopefuly they will fix it

Hi yes it was the dash, and i thought that maybe something like that might have been used but its still smelling a week on.

anyway tis in the dealers now so hopefuly they will fix it

Hope they sort it for you this time mate, :)