Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Silicone Hoses

Hi guys just a little guidance needed, I'm cleaning up the engine bay at the moment & wanting some silicone hoses. So far I've only seen them by SFS on the Prolex-Uk site & I find the price just to high still sadly. Is there any chance I can just buy some silicone hose off eBay & cut them to length.

Example

If so anyone got to hand the lengths or which ones I could change & how easy it is? Just a case of off with the old an use the clips on the new?

Thanking you in advance Chris

Hi guys just a little guidance needed, I'm cleaning up the engine bay at the moment & wanting some silicone hoses. So far I've only seen them by SFS on the Prolex-Uk site & I find the price just to high still sadly. Is there any chance I can just buy some silicone hose off ebay & cut them to length.

Example

If so anyone got to hand the lengths or which ones I could change & how easy it is? Just a case of off with the old an use the clips on the new?

Thanking you in advance Chris

Yes you can buy the hose and cut to length Chris :D thats what dealers selling it do mate :winky:

I think you have 4 water pipes on show, but i'm sure they are bent or S & U shape Chris :D

How do you handle the curved pipes ? Do you need to buy them ready-curved or do they just, say, bend under the application of some heat ?

I'm not sure yet Steve I expect there the more expensive pipes, but I was just thinking about the other black ones in the engine bay. Mine have been there for 10 or so years, think I can freshen them up with some new ones, I need to change the fluids anyway as well if something should go a bit wrong lol... Just not sure of the sizes of the hoses, need a pic of an engine bay then some guidance to how big each hole in the pipe needs to be.. ie. 3mm 4mm 7mm etc or if I can get to my car tomorrow i'll just try measure them myself lol..

Ok question in the picture below I followed the hose from the black lid that says coolant on it, an it seems to go to nothing. Should it be plugged into something? lol

It has two clips that takes it down but its not plugged into anything at the bottom and I cant see anywhere to attach it to?

Whatsthisfor.jpg

It's not just the coolant overflow is it? In which case it doesn't join anything (need to check on my car) just drips down onto road like it suppose to.

Yes that could very well be the reason, I just found it a bit strange that it lead to nothing..lol but if you can check I will feel alot better ;)

It's not just the coolant overflow is it? In which case it doesn't join anything (need to check on my car) just drips down onto road like it suppose to.

Yes that could very well be the reason, I just found it a bit strange that it lead to nothing..lol but if you can check I will feel alot better ;)

Yes Chris it the overflow pipe matey :)