Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Noisy Suspension

wacko

Hi

Has anyone experinced any odd noises from the air suspension on a LS 430?

I have had a 2005 model with standard air suspension june last year and the car has always been noisy at the front on motorways.

I put this down to the tyres, Dunlop SP9000, which a number of people have quoted as being a noisy tyre.

Changed the front tyres today, the tyre noise has all but gone but i can still hear this rumbling sound from the front of the car.

This may sound daft but it sounds like a cheap vinyl football being hit with a stick or bat, a low pitch hollow ringing.

both front wheel bearings have been checked as have all the bushes and ball joints, I dont get the same sound from the back suspension only the front.

can anyone shead any light on this before i talk to lexus who will no doubt be only to happy to replace the front suspension units.

Thanks in advance

Mark

Hi Mark have you checked the plastic wheel arch inners & plastic undertray might flap around and knock at motorway speeds if a clip is missing or loose

Hi

Yes I have had both wheels off and had a good look for worn bushes or loose components.

Even removed the engine under tray and checked around there.

It's not a loud noise but in such a quite car it is very noticable.

I'm begining to think that it's an internal fault with the strut but the only way to check that is replacement. Not a cheap option.

Mark