Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lowest Springs Available ?

abbott

Hi im looking for a set of springs for my IS , i really wanted coilovers BUT i just cant justify paying £6-700 odd notes at the moment when i am in the middle of moving house etc etc .

I have been looking on the bay etc and am noticing that the lowest springs i can get are 40mm and i fully understand that is a reasonable drop BUT id love a touch more.

Im running 18" alloys and when i measured 40mm down from my rear arch its still not very close to the tyre even another 10mm would be sufficient i reckon , am i stuffed and my only way is spending mega bucks on coilys or is there a solution anywhere ?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions (bar filling the boot with a ton of bricks ) :winky:

also if 40mm is the lowest i can go on springs are there any reccomendations on what brand to or not to use .

I went for the TEIN s-tech springs dunno how lo they are but the car sits nice and still gives a smooth ride.

the front wheels rub on the inner arches when cornering hard enough so i guess its low enough LOL!

i have 18's aswell....here's a couple of pics

lex1.jpg

lex2.jpg

lex4.jpg

I went for the TEIN s-tech springs dunno how lo they are but the car sits nice and still gives a smooth ride.

the front wheels rub on the inner arches when cornering hard enough so i guess its low enough LOL!

lex1.jpg

lex2.jpg

lex4.jpg

I'm also using the Tein S-Tech springs and I can fault them.

And I'm running 19" wheels, but needed my rear arches rolled.

When I got them fitted and let them settle for a week or so, I measured them and it sat at the same level all round.

But cant remember how much of a drop it was, but its supposed to be 35 mm.

Hope this help you decide what to go for .

I had been thinking that lowering springs were a bit of a waste of time as opposed to going for coilovers, but just recently I've been re-thinking that (due to the cost !), and am now starting to wonder whether to get some lowering springs myself. I was also looking at the Tein springs, nice to know they seem to work well.

lex1.jpg

lex2.jpg

lex4.jpg

Nice car mate, those wheels are well nice, and the crome detailing is sweet. :whistling:

after looking at thoose pics i will just the tein springs soon.

i have fitted TEIN springs to loads of cars.

they always give a good stance and excellent ride quality.

they usually settle a little bit lower after a few hundered miles.

i wouldnt fit anything else.

You have to take into account of how much milage your standard shocks has done. Fitting 40mm lowering springs to a pair of 100k+ shocks will certainly shorten the life of them and you will end up paying @£80 per shock and cost of fitting, if you add up the sum, it is just like paying for new coil overs.

I was going to purchase just lowering springs, but have in the end decided to get coil overs instead. The only reason why i was put off by coil overs (apart from price) was that one of my family members had fitted coil overs in his car and ended up changing back to standard shocks as the ride was awful. But after reading up, he probably went for the design where it compressed the spring and the lower you go the more harsh and uncomfortable the ride is rather than the true coilover where lowering doesn't compromise the ride comfort.

It's also worth getting tracking checked after having lowering springs and definitely for coilovers.

It's also worth getting tracking checked after having lowering springs and definitely for coilovers.

I'd go further than that any say that after changing the ride height of your car (either via lowering springs or coilovers), you'll have automatically put the geometry out, so it will definitely need recovering - e.g. via a trip to WIM.

Im joining the coilover group buy monster mat is getting a price for as i have decided springs just arent going to do it for me , and i dont know if my struts have ever been changed so i may aswell kill 2 birds with 1 stone ...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links