Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Sold My Is200!

tys

hi everyone,i have jst sold my x reg is200 se with 75k on the clock for 3k.a good deal or not? but before i sold the car i put it bac 2 standard mostly.only took me an hour to take of the induction kit,hid's,clear rear fogs and my custom cooling plate.lol.i could of swore it took me longer to put them on.

now im looking for a new car and would like some advice please,my choices are: 350z

s15 silvia

supra twin turbo

rx8

so any input welcome as i cant decide.lol thanks

To be honest I have been debating to sell my IS200 and get an RX8, they seem to be priced so well at the moment, £5 - £6.5k and can you decent a motor, that not to old 2003/04, in my opinion a great looking car.. but heard horror stories about MPG.

In regards to the other cars you listed I have driven a UK spec Supra Twin Turbo Auto... What a car, amense power and so smooth, however i am not to sure about the looks now.

If i was to choose probably be the RX8, purely down to the price there going for.

yae i have heard sum of my m8 sayn the mpg can b as low as 18mpg if nt worse!!!!! im 21 and trying to find a compramise between speed and luxuary.is200 was comfortable bt not fast and my celica st202 is fast bt not comfortable.lol.thats y i thought about 350z.

At the moment, there must be plenty of affordable and desirable cars out there. If you don't have a single manufacturer/model obsession then just keep your eyes open. The right car will appear. A 350Z would be a very nice if still a little pricey, not just to buy but to run. MPG like a RX8 and group 18 insurance. Don't forget that before 23/03/06 registered cars are much cheaper for VED tax.

I've also got a 6MPS which feels twice as fast as my IS200 with fantastic traction and DSC and only slightly worse MPG. Group 16 though. However they as rare as hen's teeth.

I've also got a 6MPS which feels twice as fast as my IS200 with fantastic traction and DSC and only slightly worse MPG. Group 16 though. However they as rare as hen's teeth.

There's a few of those round my way, one is in a dark grey colour and looks very nice. Quick too!

On the RX-8, they claimed to have sorted the rotor tip wear problem that affected the RX-7.

There's a few of those round my way, one is in a dark grey colour and looks very nice. Quick too!

On the RX-8, they claimed to have sorted the rotor tip wear problem that affected the RX-7.

Yeah so Mazda say...thats why the oil consumption is a little on the high side to say the least...its just that the engine uses a fine film of oil in the combustion chamber to protect the tips of the rotors from wearing out...but so ive heard it can still wear them out.... fun cars to drive but the petrol consumption is shocking.... put a full tank of fuel in and dont be surprised to only get 200-230 miles per tank......

just my 2pence worth.....if it was me then id get the 350z....

They seam to use a lot of oil, but there is only a very small amount of oil in the engine to start with so it is deceiving. As for MPG they are similar to any other high performance car. Rotor wear only affects very high mileage cars, they are very reliable. An RX8 will replace the Boxter in a couple of years no contest.

yes the rx8 engine still suffers from the rotor tips burning out, very expensive to be repaired!!!!! one of our customers had dealings with this fault ,too be honest could of bought a nice lexus for the price of his engine :whistling:

the only prob is s15 are hard 2 find and if i bought one it would have 2 be white.lol i have an obsession with white cars but i am realy torn between my choices.one thing i do know my next car wil be jap!!!!!!!!

the only prob is s15 are hard 2 find and if i bought one it would have 2 be white.lol i have an obsession with white cars but i am realy torn between my choices.one thing i do know my next car wil be jap!!!!!!!!

if your not sure, best to get some test drives in :) check out import sites etc :)