Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Got My Led Flashing Brake Lights

got my new pulsing brake lights fitted look amazing one problem though only got two resistors (found out i need 4)so my bulb warning light is on!!!! oh well going to surf the net for two more resistors!

got my new pulsing brake lights fitted look amazing one problem though only got two resistors (found out i need 4)so my bulb warning light is on!!!! oh well going to surf the net for two more resistors!

Glad you like them mate, I'm very much thinking about some but not sure where to look eek :shutit: so they were easy enough to fit?

Videos needed :D

Glad you like them mate, I'm very much thinking about some but not sure where to look eek :shutit: so they were easy enough to fit?

Videos needed :D

very easy to fit dude theirs a few walk throughs on here. just need too find two more resistors!so if you do find a set for sale check you get 4 resistors.

i'll see if i can get a video of my car up.

EDIT

just found the two risistors i need!!woop woop will be with me on tuesday!!for the wallet burstin price of £7.00!!

Yes they are street legal as far as we are aware.

Still don't think so. Check this link which is the current MOT Testers Manual http://www.motuk.co.uk/manual_130.htm

Under reasons for failure it states "c.. emits other than a steady red light when the service brake is applied, " I don't think it could be much clearer even though I think that brake lights that pulsate only under hard braking probably add to safety. So maybe the MOT test on a rolling road won't show up if they pulse and the car will pass, but the Road Traffic Act says the same thing, and you leave yourself open to be knicked.

So you're saying that people like Mercedes and so forth who fit this as standard are fitting illegal equipment ? Sorry, but with respect, I don't think that's the case. I suspect there are type approval laws for the EC which override UK road regulations. The only question would be perhaps aftermarket versus original fittings and perhaps EC markings on units, but I suspect this would beyond any normal issue that the police would pull over for (or that MoT testers would look at).

Off-topic - you're in Camberley and you've got an IS-F ?! I'm in Camberley, I must keep my eyes peeled for you ! :D

Yes they are street legal as far as we are aware.

Still don't think so. Check this link which is the current MOT Testers Manual http://www.motuk.co.uk/manual_130.htm

Under reasons for failure it states "c.. emits other than a steady red light when the service brake is applied, " I don't think it could be much clearer even though I think that brake lights that pulsate only under hard braking probably add to safety. So maybe the MOT test on a rolling road won't show up if they pulse and the car will pass, but the Road Traffic Act says the same thing, and you leave yourself open to be knicked.

They do emit a steady red light, but they flash for the first half a second first.

so i really dont see them failing it.

mot law states must emit a steady red light they do under every day drivin and on the mot they would look like a normal brake light as its only under heavy braking they flash.and yes merc comes with the flashing bulbs bmw audi and now the new avensis comes with them but its named rear impact provention system!

as for the wee box of tricks that make your lights flash 5 times then go solid i wouldnt fail those either as you still have the high level brake light which stays solid!

mot law states must emit a steady red light they do under every day drivin and on the mot they would look like a normal brake light as its only under heavy braking they flash.and yes merc comes with the flashing bulbs bmw audi and now the new avensis comes with them but its named rear impact provention system!

as for the wee box of tricks that make your lights flash 5 times then go solid i wouldnt fail those either as you still have the high level brake light which stays solid!

The law does not say most of the time. If the light flashes a few times at first - that is exactly what they mean by not emitting a steady red light. Also, if a MOT tester knowingly or can reasonably said to know a vehicle is in contravention of MOT test requirements & the Road Traffic Act, and carries out the test in such a way not to show this, or passes the vehicle, he is commiting an offence - so think on.

When vehicles fitted with these features reach MOT age, or preferably sooner, let's hope the MOT & regulations are bought up to date. But they aren't yet!

The law does not say most of the time. If the light flashes a few times at first - that is exactly what they mean by not emitting a steady red light. Also, if a MOT tester knowingly or can reasonably said to know a vehicle is in contravention of MOT test requirements & the Road Traffic Act, and carries out the test in such a way not to show this, or passes the vehicle, he is commiting an offence - so think on.

When vehicles fitted with these features reach MOT age, or preferably sooner, let's hope the MOT & regulations are bought up to date. But they aren't yet!

the first merc to be seen with this was made in 2006 so think their will be a lot of angry merc owners!!i will phone vosa tomorrow or tues and get the facts on these bulbs!and the manual is updated prob a few times a month its now in mot standards to check the tow ball and all fixings!!

found this on the safe speed forum.............

Re: Flashing brake lights: effective against rear-end collisions

by Flashingbrakelights on Tue Jun 03, 2008 12:14

This is something that I am trying to get clarrified. As none of the gov agencies want to be seen to be against improvements in road safety.

The MOT states that the brake lights have to come on and enter a steady on state and that if they flash for 2 seconds and then enter the steady on then they will pass.

Lets hope VOSA will make a stance and not leave it in the grey area of "well technically they are not ellegal"

to road safety and what ever we can do as trafic increasesFlashingbrakelights

note the part......... Flash for two seconds then enter steady on then they pass the mot!!!!!! :winky:

were did you get your lights...... ?

thanks

got them off a member called micromarc

these bulbs are like hens teeth matey!but you can order them from america but they are very expensive.

best £20 i've spent! :winky:

Hmmm.. Great idea in principal... BUT, imagine a cold wet dark winters evening when four lanes of traffic suddenly comes to a halt.... :unsure: And then you discover that your passenger suffers from epilepsy.... :ohmy:

:tomato::lol::lol::lol: nice one!!