Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Some Silly Ideas On Performance And Higher-mpg Engine Swaps

Lexus_GR

Since IS-200 and especially auto's suffer from their increased weight and lack of torque in low-middle-rpm band i suspect i would be wise to think of something stupid...

Is there feasible to swap to a toyota/lexus hybrid engine or to a 2.0 or 2.2 D-4D avensis diesel engine? (IS 220d engine swap?)

Anyone of you that had driven a Lexus Hybrid or a Diesel Toyota will immediately understand what i am talking about...

Asi i suspect supercharging my IS in hot greek weather will result in excessive knocking and the cumulative cost of increased consumption and the difference of premium fuel will almost double the cost per mile. If it was my sunday car i would consider evern a supra swap but until then i only do modifications that promote fuel efficiency along with performance like K&N filter and now thinking about removing precats and installing HKS hi silent (i don't believe no body has made a good after market exaust system with double output like previous generation turbo audis) to reduce pumping losses

sparkystav you are definitely right about the cost but it would great if someone could fit a GS450h engine in there and do it right (thats the hard part). Imagine the result!

(if you own a sparce geared auto you begin to notice the lot-middle power hole...)

Asi i suspect supercharging my IS in hot greek weather will result in excessive knocking and the cumulative cost of increased consumption and the difference of premium fuel will almost double the cost per mile. If it was my sunday car i would consider evern a supra swap but until then i only do modifications that promote fuel efficiency along with performance like K&N filter and now thinking about removing precats and installing HKS hi silent (i don't believe no body has made a good after market exaust system with double output like previous generation turbo audis) to reduce pumping losses

sparkystav you are definitely right about the cost but it would great if someone could fit a GS450h engine in there and do it right (thats the hard part). Imagine the result!

well as stav said might as well buy a car that has high fuel economy instead doing a engine swap.

The cost of the engine+the swap would cost equivalent to years of petrol, except all upfront instead of spreading over the years lol and only after a good few years would you start to actually make the savings.

Does the HKS hi-slient come with a cat? (not the furry type that climb up the curtains).

VVprotocolVV you don't just go for the MPG, you do it to get performance upgrade PLUS the increased economy :)

I had and Awesome Idea of aftermarket Hybrid kit and i found this...

http://www.sigmaautomotive.com/electrochar...ctrocharger.php but sadly not sold yet

48Volt * 600amperes = 28,8KW in low rpm (i am absolutely satisfied from the stock engine after 4500rpm and i remind you that i have an AT) plus increased MPG is more than anyone can ask :)

When it will come out i will be the first to try it :)

a secondary electric motor plus a supercapacitor would be an awesome mod that can achieve insane quarter mile times using energy from regenerative braking, i cannot understand why there isn't any aftermarket kits available...

• 3 weeks later...

do you know how dangerous those cars are(hybrids)their have been many people killed working on those fire men bodyshop men and mechanics!!!!!plus were you going to put the hv Battery??you ever seen the size of one they are the full width of the car!!as for the after market kit..........were the blazes are you going to fit a motor that size??you'd have to cut a huge hole in your floor!!!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links