Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Re Key Numbers

Hi

First post.Picked up my 06 Rx400h today.So far everthing ok.Was expecting 3 keys as per a recent thread.Only got the two plip keys ,no valet key.When I asked the sales guy he went to check,and came back saying he had checked and the 400h only comes with two keys.Is this correct ? If not will I miss having the valet key or is it not really essential?

Thanks in advance.

Valet key is just that, to be used where you don't want either of the master keys to be given out.

Not sure if the 400h comes with 2 or 3 keys when new, however if like the petrol RX, I would expect 3.

Valet key is just that, to be used where you don't want either of the master keys to be given out.

Not sure if the 400h comes with 2 or 3 keys when new, however if like the petrol RX, I would expect 3.

Thanks.According to manual should have three as you suggest.

Thanks.According to manual should have three as you suggest.

Definitely should be 3 keys = 2 black and the 1 grey (valet key). I'm on my 3rd RX and they have all come with 3 keys regardless of whether hybrid or not. I would ask them to supply you with other spare key for the sake of completeness for when you come to sell it on.

TBH the Valet key is nice to have but no real worth - its the two master keys that make a difference. I wouldn't sweat it, but if you bought from a Dealer,I would expect the 'full compliment' of keys.

TBH the Valet key is nice to have but no real worth - its the two master keys that make a difference. I wouldn't sweat it, but if you bought from a Dealer,I would expect the 'full compliment' of keys.

Yes was a dealer buy.Will hassle them to supply if possible.Thanks.