Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

First of all I want to say hi to everyone and what a great site this is, I have done a lot of surfing on this site over the last few months which basically it helped changed my mind from buying a Mercedes C180 to a Lexus IS250 SE L. This is my first sort of luxury car I have brought. Before this I have owned a Vauxhall Astra 1.8SRI, and before that a Vectra SRI

I brought it from Lexus Wolverhampton and I must say the staff there are real helpful.

I ended up buying a 2007 IS250 SE L with the Multimedia in Claxton Grey with black interior with a tadge over 17,000 miles on the clock. B)

I have had the car just over 3 weeks and done nearly 2,700 miles in it which I have thoroughly enjoyed driving. I am still discovering what gadgets this car has! :ohmy: The multimedia is absolutely fantastic.

I thought the Key less entry/start would cause me a few problems but as it turns out I got used to it very quick and I think it is great.

The Mark Levinson sound system is great, it beats the hell out of any sound system I have had in a car (or house for that matte)r even though I used to have amplifiers etc in them.

Thanks to this site I kind of new what to look for once I brought it and nevertheless there seems to be a few problems with it that have already been mentioned on this site.

It's got the squeaky dashboard around the center speaker on the dash and also the occasional squeak from the dash around the glove box area.

The engine has a slight tapping noise from the right side rear of the engine (Possible Fuel Pump or injector). I have read about cold start rattles on this site but kind find anything about the tapping noise, this occurs if the engine is hot or cold. The guy I was dealing with at Lexus has said he has noticed this on the one he drives as well.

I informed Lexus Wolverhampton about this the other day and it is booked in for the 30th March for repair without any hesitation or questions asked which suits me as I am off abroad to work for a few weeks, so hopefully all will be good when I return. :blink:

Also I was cleaning the car out the other day so I had the doors open and the radio on, I must have been cleaning it for about 45 mins in between tea breaks :whistling: and when I came to start it it had a flat Battery, I called the RAC and they came out and the guy said it was a fairly common problem due to the load of the amplifier, lights on the doors etc when the ignition is on, Since then it has not given me any more problems Lexus are going to check the Battery as well when it goes in. :whistling:

Thanks for a great site and a wealth of information.

P.s. These pictures were not taken the day I got the flat Battery LOL

post-28175-1238325082.jpg

post-28175-1238325112.jpg

post-28175-1238325163.jpg

post-28175-1238325206.jpg

Congratulations on the new car..its a real beauty. The twin exhausts on the 250 look great. I can identify with your enthusiasm, having just got an 08 is220d se MM a few weeks ago. In an ideal world, i would have gone for the 250 auto, but in Ireland, the car tax is so high, it is prohibitively expensive. The Diesel is not disappointing, but i would have liked an auto box. The stereo and sat nav are fantastic...still havnt fully learned to use it yet!!! Thanks for the warning on draing the Battery..i have a habit of doing what you did, but thankfully havnt drained the Battery. Happy motoring.

Hi,

Nice buy.

When you was cleaning the car etc with the radio on, I assume its on *acc* so that the door warning bleep isnt on?

was the climate control system on or off? this may of drained the battery!

To be honest I am not sure if it was on *acc* but now you mention ithat would explain why the Battery drained quickly, I had the music on fairly loud to over come the noise of the vacuum cleaner so I did not notice the beeping :whistling:

Congratulations on the new car..its a real beauty. The twin exhausts on the 250 look great. I can identify with your enthusiasm, having just got an 08 is220d se MM a few weeks ago. In an ideal world, i would have gone for the 250 auto, but in Ireland, the car tax is so high, it is prohibitively expensive. The Diesel is not disappointing, but i would have liked an auto box. The stereo and sat nav are fantastic...still havnt fully learned to use it yet!!! Thanks for the warning on draing the battery..i have a habit of doing what you did, but thankfully havnt drained the battery. Happy motoring.

I am very enthusiastic about this car as I say it is the first luxuary car I have owned, I took it in today for it's repairs and the guys said it should be ready in a week or so, it will be interesting to see what they have to say about the small tapping noise from the engine. They said the dash squeaks have an upgrade and that should take about 4 - 5 hours to do.

Can't wait to get back from my work so I can drive the car, I will miss it more than the missus :whistling: I just brought a private plate for it today as well so that will be fitted and registered to the car when I get back, I reckon it is going to be great driving it on those long summer nights around the country lanes :blush:

• 2 weeks later...

Nice car! Just like mine...

Mine does the tick-tick-tick thing from the right side of the engine too- the newer ones don't do it, so I think they've modded something on the newer engines. What did your dealer say about it?

Nice car! Just like mine...

Mine does the tick-tick-tick thing from the right side of the engine too- the newer ones don't do it, so I think they've modded something on the newer engines. What did your dealer say about it?

Hi mate

Not sure what they have done, I have not collected the car at the yet as I am currently in the Philippines working, can't wait to get back and drive it. I had an email yesterday from the guy at lexus saying that the car is finished and all the problems I had with it have been done, so I take it they done the ticking noise.

I just had them fit the Ipod intregation kit as well whilst it is in :whistling: .

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links