Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

After having enjoyed my IS250 for more than two and a half years i decided its time for a change.

I have a short list of cars i'd like to own, so I started the shopping process yesterday.

Audi A5 3.2 Multitronic

GS 450h SEL

Jaguar XF

First stop was Audi to test an A5 3.2 Multitronic.

Nice car , comfortable, quick & stylish but heres the rub. Audi offered me £10,400 for my 31 month old

IS250 SEL Auto MM. just serviced (Friday) full Lexus History 4 new tyres, no issues, very clean car.

How can a car which according to the guides would be worth approx 55% of its original value after

3 years sink to only 33% after only 31 months.

To say i'm shocked is a complete understatement. I know money is tight in the current climate

but stil i'm looking at a loss against book price of about 6k after 3 years.

Suffice to say Audi was my first and last stop yesterday. At those trade in prices the IS stays

for the time being. :tsktsk:

Has anyone else suffered to this extent.

Cheers

Infinity.

How much did they offer off the Audi? If not a lot then they were trying to screw you over which does sound like Audi.........

I was actually offered around £4.5-5k for my almost 7 year old IS200 from my Lexus dealer which I actually thought was quite a good offer, especially as it was purely speculative and I hadn't tried any serious haggling yet.

i think it is is a great deal if you you got 50%off the list price of the audi.in all seriousness,you have to remember that you the punter are in total control of the bargaining situation and these times are rare,it's a don't ask don't get world.

i love a haggle,particularly when i'm wearing the trousers.

i have brought brand new cars over the past few years and have lost so much money, from now on i only bye a car that is 3 yrs old to save the massive depreciation. before my lexus i had a honda crv sport on 53 plate. i was offered £6k from the dealer i brought it from but managed to sell it for £8k loosing £1.5k from when i brought it. i brought my lexus off one of my customers for £2500. 2001 is200 sport . fsh. 2 owners 78k miles ...... when he said he was selling it i thought it would be silly money but he said he wanted £3k and i went to have a look interested and managed to knock him down to £2500 cash......... WHAT A BARGAIN

How much did they offer off the Audi? If not a lot then they were trying to screw you over which does sound like Audi.........

I was actually offered around £4.5-5k for my almost 7 year old IS200 from my Lexus dealer which I actually thought was quite a good offer, especially as it was purely speculative and I hadn't tried any serious haggling yet.

We did'nt get quite as far as haggling over the price. The spec list is long and varried,and i have'nt

got through the full options list yet, soI decided to show my distain for the offer

and take my business elsewhere. I dont think the salesman was to bothered, supprisingly the showroom

was really busy and i had to wait while they handed over 3 new cars. It did'nt look like Audi is suffering

too much from the credit crunch

On the other hand I still have to look at the XF and the GS The only off putting thing with the XF is that awful

Ford windscreen with the fine mesh of wires in it.

A used GS has become my preffered option now that Audi have annoyed me.

The trade in price for my '06 220d, 35k miles was £9500 :rolleyes::blink: - from a Lexus dealer :excl:

OUCH ! thats goota smart. What varriant do you have?

Add one more car to that earlier list:

Used Maserati Quatroporte, saw some cracking deals on the internet.

The fuel bill would be the killer. But the insurance is only £600 fully comp.

The trade in price for my '06 220d, 35k miles was £9500 :rolleyes::blink: - from a Lexus dealer :excl:

OUCH ! thats goota smart. What varriant do you have?

SE with multimedia - good condition as well - the car against which I was going to trade it in, (but didn't) was a 250 SE, '06, 30k on the clock and messy paintwork - too many chips, some of them quite big and very badly touched up. When I saw it I said "NO" - they said they'd have the front resprayed etc & I agreed to look at it afterwards. I did, but by then I'd decided not to have it. I think the invoiced price for this was £14k.

After I'd said no they had it up for sale with a price of something like £16-16.5k.

I had a week after the Lexus quote one from a none Lexus dealership of £11,200 for my 220.

I am a huge fan of the Quattroporte, was actually trying to tell my dad to swap the CLS for one of those but he was having none of it :lol:

Gotta say I'm impressed by the insurance quote there, those things are group 20 aren't they so that's an impressive quote wherever you live and however old you are! Having said that have you thought about the CLS? It is a great car and their values have dropped like a stone recently so a brilliant used buy........

I am a huge fan of the Quattroporte, was actually trying to tell my dad to swap the CLS for one of those but he was having none of it :lol:

Gotta say I'm impressed by the insurance quote there, those things are group 20 aren't they so that's an impressive quote wherever you live and however old you are! Having said that have you thought about the CLS? It is a great car and their values have dropped like a stone recently so a brilliant used buy........

I like Mercs, and have no specific objection to the CLS but as you point out the prices have again slumped

recently, I've noticed over the past few months how personal car selection really is.

As i said ,I like Mercs, but for some subconscious, subliminal reason i could'nt by one of the current

models, something does'nt quite fit with me. I don't know why, hence they dont appear in my shortlist.

41 Y/O Live around Newcastle East suburb in a terraced house with off street parking 5 years protected no claims and no points.

Privilege Insurance quote on a 2006 V8 Sport Duoselect Quattroporte £40k on 16k miles per year £602.42 per year.

Pretty good?.

Mine - just took out paperwork as I forgot - 07 IS220d SE MM, I got £12500 for my car, new one was list at over well over £30000, but they did it £14500 to change. So new car cost me £27000 I suppose, plus GAP insurance (£400). This is recent, but prioces are dropping like donkey manure on ALL cars.

Try to go back to Lexus, ask them you want an Audi - they should be able to get one to you - so you deal with Lexus garage. Mind. Audi are selling very well, as is BMW 3 Coupe. Every one with big cars is going to BMW for the Coupe now or the A5.

Lexus seen 48% drop in new car sales against industry averages of 25% I read in newspaper last week. It is no hidden truth why they are worth so little.

Maserati is a real Babe

41 Y/O Live around Newcastle East suburb in a terraced house with off street parking 5 years protected no claims and no points.

Privilege Insurance quote on a 2006 V8 Sport Duoselect Quattroporte £40k on 16k miles per year £602.42 per year.

Pretty good?.

That is a fantastic quote, I'm guessing Maserati's must be driven quite sensibly so the quotes are pretty good :)

if buying new or fairly new get the ballon payment option.. screw down the deposit, then half way through the term give the car back.

Walk to another dealer and do the same again

Audi are selling very well, as is BMW 3 Coupe. Every one with big cars is going to BMW for the Coupe now or the A5.

Sorry to have to disagree but Audi new car sales in the UK are down over 31% this year and BMW are down over 38% Both are better than Lexus but worse than the industry average which was 28% down, see http://www.am-online.com/NewCarSalesFigures/index.asp for all the UK new car sales figures.

I think all car depreciation is horrible at the moment but I think the Lexus brand is suffering more than others. I think that's something to do with the discounts they're offering on IS250s. I looked at trading mine in when it was a year old because of a change in circumstances and the Lexus Centre offered me about 55% of its new list price :crying:

I suspect Lexus Financial Services are going to get lots of cars handed back at either the 50% point of full term of the contracts if it continues as is...

I think all car depreciation is horrible at the moment but I think the Lexus brand is suffering more than others. I think that's something to do with the discounts they're offering on IS250s. I looked at trading mine in when it was a year old because of a change in circumstances and the Lexus Centre offered me about 55% of its new list price :crying:

I suspect Lexus Financial Services are going to get lots of cars handed back at either the 50% point of full term of the contracts if it continues as is...

mines one of them just got the forms to fill in and send back, car should go back in 2 weeks.

they send them straight to auction

Audi are selling very well, as is BMW 3 Coupe. Every one with big cars is going to BMW for the Coupe now or the A5.

Sorry to have to disagree but Audi new car sales in the UK are down over 31% this year and BMW are down over 38% Both are better than Lexus but worse than the industry average which was 28% down, see http://www.am-online.com/NewCarSalesFigures/index.asp for all the UK new car sales figures.

Audi is still the best performing Luxury car maker out of MB, BMW, Lexus and Audi - it is down 31%, Lexus is 47% down! You can compare to industry average - you should compare to Luxury average. The industry averages is "weighted" by smaller cars which are selling well. Like Ford Fiesta.

Audi is still the best performing Luxury car maker out of MB, BMW, Lexus and Audi - it is down 31%, Lexus is 47% down! You can compare to industry average - you should compare to Luxury average. The industry averages is "weighted" by smaller cars which are selling well. Like Ford Fiesta.

This year Jaguar sales are UP by 64.84% due to their fantastic new XF, Volvo are only down by 19%, Aston Martin are only down by 28%, Porsche is down by the same as Audi.

The issue for Lexus is that they will suffer more than say BMW/MB/Audi is that they have no competent diesel or credible alternative. The Germans are being saved by their frugal technology (BMW ED anyone?) and as a result their figures, although down, aren't as bad as Lexus. Big engined petrol cars (I know big relative) is going to hurt people like Lexus who in the IS range have no credible reliable decent alternative to offer to petrol.

For my next car I am sorely tempted by a hybrid GS - YUMMY!

Aston Martin are only down by 28%

Was talking to someone last week who was phoned by the local Aston dealer as he had previously shown an interest in buying one. He was offered £35k off list price on a Vantage bringing it down to just below £50k. That's only a fraction more than my colleague paid for his A6.

That's what he said and I have no reason to disbelieve him... it was a pre-registered 09-reg one with zero miles on it.

That is unbelievable, fantastic value for money! I'm guessing it must be an end of the tax year type job to try to raise final profits - if they kept those sorts of prices I can't imagine what it would do to used prices (although might be a good thing as I'd go straight out and buy a 2 year old one! :D )

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links