Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi again

I have found an LS430 that I am interested in and was wondering what 'bits n bobs' I need to make sure I have - here is my starter for 10

Keys - what and how many should I have?

radio code - is there one?

wheel locking nut? is there one?

service book

'instruction manual'

Sat Nav software and map cd's - is there 2 or are they permanently loaded in the 'dvd' machine

anything else I should be aware of?

Hi again

I have found an LS430 that I am interested in and was wondering what 'bits n bobs' I need to make sure I have - here is my starter for 10

service book

'instruction manual'

Sat Nav software and map cd's - is there 2 or are they permanently loaded in the 'dvd' machine

Hi There.

In terms of keys, make sure you have at least one master key. If you don't, then you will have to replace the ECU to accept new master keys and this was over £3,000 if I remember rightly. So you should have two master keys and a valet key. The valet key will not work the smart locking and also won't open the boot.

As far as I am aware there is no radio code for the LS430. I do have the newer version though so it might be worth checking for the older version.

You should have a locking wheel nut with the car. I belive these were a standard fot from Lexus. Mine came with a black box which had four regular wheel nuts and a locking key. The locking bolts had already been fitted to the wheels.

It should come with a service book and a full service history. If it doesn't have a full service history then walk away. These may be reliable but I'd hate to think of the size of the bill if a new engine was required due to lack of maintenance. Also, press every single button and make sure it all works.

The drivers handbook is very comprehensive and covers everything. There should also be a second book for the navigation and stereo, aircon etc. It is worth having this because some of the things, like setting up the Bluetooth are not that easy sometimes.

The SatNav is DVD based and is all on one disc. The DVD drive is located in the boot on the drivers side. The likelyhood is it will have the same disc from new and will need updating. You can do this through Lexus Map Updates website and I believe is preety reasonable.

So long as you have a full service history, that is traceable and checkable with the dealers that have done the work, and everything works, then you should be onto a good one. It is also worth remembering that cambelts need changing after 10 years or 100,000 miles.

Hope this helps,

Jim.

Hi again

service book

'instruction manual'

Hi There.

In terms of keys, make sure you have at least one master key. If you don't, then you will have to replace the ECU to accept new master keys and this was over £3,000 if I remember rightly. So you should have two master keys and a valet key. The valet key will not work the smart locking and also won't open the boot.

As far as I am aware there is no radio code for the LS430. I do have the newer version though so it might be worth checking for the older version.

You should have a locking wheel nut with the car. I belive these were a standard fot from Lexus. Mine came with a black box which had four regular wheel nuts and a locking key. The locking bolts had already been fitted to the wheels.

It should come with a service book and a full service history. If it doesn't have a full service history then walk away. These may be reliable but I'd hate to think of the size of the bill if a new engine was required due to lack of maintenance. Also, press every single button and make sure it all works.

The drivers handbook is very comprehensive and covers everything. There should also be a second book for the navigation and stereo, aircon etc. It is worth having this because some of the things, like setting up the Bluetooth are not that easy sometimes.

The SatNav is DVD based and is all on one disc. The DVD drive is located in the boot on the drivers side. The likelyhood is it will have the same disc from new and will need updating. You can do this through Lexus Map Updates website and I believe is preety reasonable.

So long as you have a full service history, that is traceable and checkable with the dealers that have done the work, and everything works, then you should be onto a good one. It is also worth remembering that cambelts need changing after 10 years or 100,000 miles.

Hope this helps,

Jim.

Cheers

Well I've taken the leap of faith and ignored my common sence filter for once - i.e. the one that was sat on my shoulder saying "are you mad - 5 years older and 60k more miles than your currently perfectly good car". I have just put a deposit down on a 430 - so now its technically mine.

ah cambelt evry 100k - that explains why it was changed at 99k and not 125ish as I originally thought - cool - already had that done, don't need to worry about that one.

"are" for "is" ?

:rolleyes: and I thought SXOC was P*ss take bunch.

3 days from joining to decideing to buying, that was quick work, welcome & post some pics of your 430 im sure you will love it. ta Mark

yeh but I've been lurking a while

:rolleyes: and I thought SXOC was P*ss take bunch.

Couldn't help myself - perhaps I am subconsciously envious because you (will very soon) have an LS 430 and I only have a 400 !

But one thing is certain: you will love it.

• 1 month later...

I have been looking for a low mileage LS430 for a while and at the third attempt (the first two attempts being thwarted by people who got there ahead of me) I have bought a 2005 (55) LS430 from Southampton Lexus with a little under 4,000 miles on the clock.

I have been looking for a low mileage LS430 for a while and at the third attempt (the first two attempts being thwarted by people who got there ahead of me) I have bought a 2005 (55) LS430 from Southampton Lexus with a little under 4,000 miles on the clock.

Welcome & Congratulations :D

Great low mileage too :)