Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I've just spent the last hour on the www looking for the spec and equipment

list for the GS450h Sport to compare with the SE/SEL. I'm looking at pre-owned

GS hybrids on the Lexus site but there's no medntion of an equipment list for the Sport.

Anyone shed any light on the major differences between the models.

From what i can glean from the web its a slightly enhanced basic 450h

with additional suspension control system and run flat tyres. No mention

of sat nav or trim level. I'm not sure I want run flats with the horror stories of replacement prices.

Can anyone point me in the right direction.

Ta.

Infinity.

I actually just looked at one of these and it was funny as the price list had some errors in it! If I can find it I can tell you exactly what it is as the dealer scribbled on the true spec for each model.

Essentially it's not a base model, it sits around the SE-L with a few extras and missing a few things.

Off the top of my head I remember that the Sport doesn't have ventilated seats but I think that's all that's missing from the SE-L. The additions are the bodykit, active stabliser system and the run flat tyres (as there's no space in the boot for a spare wheel anymore)

It is an upgrade from the SE-L, only downside being that you can't get the optional ACC/PCS on the Sport, but if you're buying used it doesn't really matter as it doesn't seem there are many SE-Ls about with that option fitted.

I actually just looked at one of these and it was funny as the price list had some errors in it! If I can find it I can tell you exactly what it is as the dealer scribbled on the true spec for each model.

Essentially it's not a base model, it sits around the SE-L with a few extras and missing a few things.

Off the top of my head I remember that the Sport doesn't have ventilated seats but I think that's all that's missing from the SE-L. The additions are the bodykit, active stabliser system and the run flat tyres (as there's no space in the boot for a spare wheel anymore)

It is an upgrade from the SE-L, only downside being that you can't get the optional ACC/PCS on the Sport, but if you're buying used it doesn't really matter as it doesn't seem there are many SE-Ls about with that option fitted.

Thanks Parthiban,

I think a trip to the dealers to pick up a brochure may be in order.

Ok I've managed to find the brochure, and it's as I mentioned before, the Sport is very similar to an SE-L except the following:

Negatives:

No ventilated seats

No wood and leather steering wheel

Optional ACC/PCS not available

Optional sunroof not available

Positives:

Run flat tyres

Active stabiliser

Bodykit

Also available with obsidian black paint (metallic black, only available on the GS450h Sport and the LS I believe)

Ok I've managed to find the brochure, and it's as I mentioned before, the Sport is very similar to an SE-L except the following:

Negatives:

No ventilated seats

No wood and leather steering wheel

Optional ACC/PCS not available

Optional sunroof not available

Positives:

Run flat tyres

Active stabiliser

Bodykit

Also available with obsidian black paint (metallic black, only available on the GS450h Sport and the LS I believe)

Have to disagree a little with positives - Run flat tyres. Very noisy, very expensive, hard to diagnose a 'real' puncture, i just don't like them.

• 1 month later...

The Parkers guide also mentions "Semi-analine leather upholstery" as standard on the SE-L, but not on the SE or SPORT.

Edit : I'm a little confused by the specifications, you can get a cassette player, but not an 8-Track player. Very odd!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links