Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Changing The Pads On My Gs 300 Sport

samurai69

just read the how to on the changing of front pads, excellent thanks, but how or what is different obout changing the rear pads

the brake warning light is on now after about 2000 miles of driving since purchase of the car.................also there has been some squeel (i assume its brake dust build up)

are anti squeel shims still sold and used in cars like this

i am going to change all 4 sets..............on my own, i have done other cars before, but never worked on my lexus before.................more a necessity whilst i am over in portugal

also when looking at on line purchase of disc pads........does a "pair" mean two wheels worth or two "pads"

The rear pads on the GS are virtually identical to the front, but a single piston caliper rather than two pistons. The main difference with the rear brakes is that the hand/foot brake shoes are contained in a drum which is part of the rear disc. Won't make any difference to you if you are only doing the pads though.

Yes, pads are sold per axle set, i.e. enough to do both side of the car.

The rear pads on the GS are virtually identical to the front, but a single piston caliper rather two pistons. The main difference wht the rear brakes is that the had/foot brake shoes are contained in a drum which is part of the rear disc. Won't make any difference to you if you are only doing the pads though.

thats great thanks

the pic you have , is that your current car..............its exactly same looking as mine inc colour (my old LS400 was same colour too)

The rear pads on the GS are virtually identical to the front, but a single piston caliper rather two pistons. The main difference wht the rear brakes is that the had/foot brake shoes are contained in a drum which is part of the rear disc. Won't make any difference to you if you are only doing the pads though.

thats great thanks

the pic you have , is that your current car..............its exactly same looking as mine inc colour (my old LS400 was same colour too)

Yup, that is my current car :)

• 2 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links