Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Tte Lowering Springs

Steviewevie

I'm thinking of getting some TTE lowering springs. To answer my earlier question in another thread, these are still available from Lexus/Toyota in the UK.

I phoned up to get a price (only £131 after Gold discount, bargain !), and after quoting my car details and checking, their parts system isn't showing my car (1999 IS200 Sport) as one that is compatible with this part, i.e. PZ439-C1721-00.

From everything I've read on here, I tend to think that this is an error in their system, and that the mounting for the springs didn't change on the IS200 throughout its life and there should be no problem with them on my car. Can someone please confirm this though ?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bought some of these from Lexus Hanley last week. The dealer code i gave was PZ439-C1721-00 which is the same as you gave. It defo looks like an error in their system. My car is a 2002, but as you say i don'think anything about the springs changed.

They must be fine on any IS200 as I'm sure there aren't different ones, perhaps they were only made available after 1999 so Lexus think they're incompatible with earlier cars?

That's a very good price though, might have a think again about them as it would make the car look a lot better :)

It's a 30mm drop overall (15mm for Sport models), but have to remember the pre 01 cars ride a lot higher than post 01 cars so there's a good chance there will be a greater drop on your car.

Steve did you not look at my car at the Ace meet? Mine is a Nov 01 Sport with Eibach springs (same as TTE use apparently) and I would say it is only slightly lower than it was before the original OEM springs were changed over.

360014394.jpg

I would say 15mm from the original Sport height, but it's definately stiffer.Personally, having had these on for about a year and having driven with different loads (2,3 or 4 people), I think any lower could cause problems, it's those bl**dy speed bumps and pot holes.......but fine if you only ever drive alone.

Keith

Cous that looks about the same height as mine but you have 18"s on and its a different angle so could be wrong. I was slightly concerned that the lowering would be hardly anything as with a 35mm drop when your 15mm down anyway is nothing - but it dropped 20mm at least before it even settled!

Are you planning on fitting the springs with standard shocks?

Yes, my car's done less than 60k so I'm hoping that my shocks will be fine with the springs (if they're quite worn the strain of lowering springs can result in poor handling/ride). I was originally thinking of waiting and going for coilovers, but I changed my mind ! :D

Steve it looks like you have the early Sport before they increased the lowering on the rear c.2000. Mines a 2001 Xreg and had the even height sport lowering (i think it's another 15mm on the rear.) Yours should look the same as mine with TTE/Eibach springs. I'd forgotten how high the car is without anyone inside lol - only ever really see mine or ones driving around.

Steve it looks like you have the early Sport before they increased the lowering on the rear c.2000. Mines a 2001 Xreg. Yours should look the same as mine with TTE/Eibach springs. I'd forgotten how high the car is without anyone inside lol - only ever really see mine or ones driving around.

I'm still convinced the early cars were higher, I need to get a pic up but I'm sure my 2002 SE is lower than your 99 Sport.........

Steve it looks like you have the early Sport before they increased the lowering on the rear c.2000. Mines a 2001 Xreg. Yours should look the same as mine with TTE/Eibach springs. I'd forgotten how high the car is without anyone inside lol - only ever really see mine or ones driving around.

I'm still convinced the early cars were higher, I need to get a pic up but I'm sure my 2002 SE is lower than your 99 Sport.........

Mine is an early car though, and edeath is similarly saying it's higher.

If mine is lowered from an S/SE at that point, an early S/SE must really look like it's had a big fright ! :lol:

Here's my car at present. It's particularly high at the back. Not the best angle for pics, higher than your photos Keith, but you get the idea.

IMG_2517.jpg

IMG_2518.jpg

Mine was like yours Steve, the rear was very high probably a good 4-5 inch above the tyre?

This was mine (2000 sport) when i lowered it on Apexi springs 40mm drop? :)