Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Suprised With Mileage With My Is Auto !

Hey guys ! All this time I have suffered from poor mileage from my auto. Recently I had to drive from Leicester to Oldham (my gf grandfather passed away) and i had to take my car. Although it was a sad occasion it was the first time I had taken my lexus on a long run. I was very suprised that i had done 245miles on 2 ticks under half tank. This was not all motorway driving as some of it was down the snakes pass between manchester/sheffield.

Quite pleased with the motor doing so well Ithink if it all was nice and straight I could have been on for at least 300/350 miles perhaps ?

long runs are good for the car, mine is poo just driving round locally but its very reasonable on long runs, I think u've done well there with those figures tho

sounds pretty reasonable,

when ur cruising at a steady 80 have a look at where your mpg needle is, then do the same at 70, I don't do much cruising at motorway speeds so i'm not sure what the best speed is for fuel economy is on the motorway, but i'm sure someoneelse can advise

I got 422 miles out of a tank at the weekend before the petrol light came on. Mix of town, motorwy and country road driving. That's the best I've had. Mind you it had just had a full service and new Denso IK20 plugs. Soooooo pleeeezed.

Col.

:D

sounds pretty reasonable,

when ur cruising at a steady 80 have a look at where your mpg needle is, then do the same at 70, I don't do much cruising at motorway speeds so i'm not sure what the best speed is for fuel economy is on the motorway, but i'm sure someoneelse can advise

There's a fair amount of variation due to the weather as well, through the really cold parts a few months ago, I was only getting about 285 to a tank, but now that it's warmed up, it's much better - the tank I'm on looks as though I'll get 300, maybe a bit more (and that's pretty much all in town as well)