Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Any Thoughts?

Andy-R

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BUMP, just an update the spoilers arrived today :D not taken it out to the car yet as I couldn't be bothered going to open the garage up but it looks very good and is very light, alot lighter than I thought so hopefully wont cause any boot opening problems, just got to sort getting it sprayed and fitted now :D

Nice one matey :D look forward to seeing it fitted now :)

BUMP, just an update the spoilers arrived today :D not taken it out to the car yet as I couldn't be bothered going to open the garage up but it looks very good and is very light, alot lighter than I thought so hopefully wont cause any boot opening problems, just got to sort getting it sprayed and fitted now :D

Nice one matey :D look forward to seeing it fitted now :)

same/

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, should of listened to Tommy and Trudi, just been on e-bay and seen the exact spoiler I wanted anyway couldn't resist so bought one, just got to try and get my order for the other one cancelled now :unsure: if not anyone wanna buy a spoiler :whistling: it's the same as the link at the top :lol:

Anyway just bought this.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...s%3DI%26otn%3D1

damn !! thats the spoiler i have been looking for , for a while now cheers for the link dude i just bought one too !

The missus uncle is a sprayer so taking it to him on Fri for him to spray when he goes back into work on Tue then one of his mates is going to fit it prob Wed or Thurs :D

good good could you post picture up once you have it on mate.

The missus uncle is a sprayer so taking it to him on Fri for him to spray when he goes back into work on Tue then one of his mates is going to fit it prob Wed or Thurs :D

Very good Andy, they look very good with the brake light in matey :D

Its like the one i had that i sold to Tom Cooper on here, and MR Mole has one on his IS200, they look very tidy when fitted :D

Just an update, still not sprayed :crybaby: he reckons he should be able to do it last job tomorrow and then leave it to air dry overnight as it can't be baked, one thing tho the guy fitting it want's to just glue it on :ohmy: is this ok :unsure: i'd prefer him to bolt it aswell but I don't think he want's to drill the boot and I certainly don't have the confidence to do it myself, apparently the glues very strong and it'll be fine but i'm not 100% convinced :huh:

id be a little wary on the old drilling the boot part myself mate , although ive been reliably informed tiger seal and the likes is proper proper sticky , i know a guy running a subaru sti spoiler on with tiger seal and its mega mega heavier than a highline spoiler on a lex , so should be cool !

was the quality of the spoiler good when it arrived yes ? mine should be here tommorow hopefully !

id be a little wary on the old drilling the boot part myself mate , although ive been reliably informed tiger seal and the likes is proper proper sticky , i know a guy running a subaru sti spoiler on with tiger seal and its mega mega heavier than a highline spoiler on a lex , so should be cool !

was the quality of the spoiler good when it arrived yes ? mine should be here tommorow hopefully !

Quality was good matey it had a few marks on but I think that happened whilst being shipped.

I'd have it bolted on mate, there quite wide at the ends of the spoiler that attach to the boot lid, so i'd say it would get quite a bit of wind hitting it when your driving about, :unsure:

Looking forward to seeing it fitted mate :D

You any good with a drill Chris? :hehe: i'd rather it was drilled but I think i'd have to do it myself and really don't fancy it, will have a word when I go to get it done if he won't drill then i'll have to make a decision weather to just take it away or trust the glue.

i wouldnt be over paranoid about drilling it buddy , just be wary and make sure you take your time and do a perfect job !!

personally when i fit mine i will be bolting it , i just phoned the guy i was saying with the subaru and he says definitely bolt it ..

only thing is if you decide you dont like the spoiler or something your left with a couple of holes in le bootage ..

Andy have you still got the pm i sent you about fitting it? and making the templates? :unsure:

when i had mine :D

gallery_12038_329_4851.jpg

Probably got it somewhere matey but i'd have to trawl through my pm's to find it and there's a few off you :lol: if you could re-send it that'd be great, the way I see it make a template drill the holes if it's not quite right have another go you might get a few more holes in your lid but the spoiler will hide them and it's never coming off not while i've got the car anyway.

Defo bolting it on even if I have to do it myself, doesn't really matter if it's wonky does it :whistling::lol:

You could maybe get away with 1 bolt at either end and use the glue aswell mate, as there should be 2 bolt holes at either end of the spoiler? And if you drill the holes near the boot lip it could probably be covered up with a smaller spoiler if you do ever decide to remove it? :unsure:

Just pm'd you aswell mate about the templates :D

Defo bolting it on even if I have to do it myself, doesn't really matter if it's wonky does it :whistling::lol:

You could maybe get away with 1 bolt at either end and use the glue aswell mate, as there should be 2 bolt holes at either end of the spoiler? And if you drill the holes near the boot lip it could probably be covered up with a smaller spoiler if you do ever decide to remove it? :unsure:

Cheers mate i've got a plan for doing it, just replied to your pm :D

Sounds like a plan mate :whistling: before you drill though i'd put some masking tape where your drilling so it helps stop the drill bit from slipping :)

Sounds like a plan mate :whistling: before you drill though i'd put some masking tape where your drilling so it helps stop the drill bit from slipping :)

Cheers matey will do that :D

wooohoooo mine arrived this afternoon ,

i was going off the idea thinking it may be a little large but when i hold it up against the boot im certainly loving it again !

It's spot on mate, just really don't want to mess the fitting up and ruin it :whistling:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links