Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

You will love to read this gossip about IS300 - by the way i

looks like i upset george, thing is 300 has hid headlights, full leather, 5 speed box,lsd,vsc,3litres,better soundproofing so there is afew things extra that make up the price difference the reason for the loss of 4bhp is due to the length of the exhaust pipe according to lexus. . george you need to see the cars and examine them side by side to see the difference in build, I am not saying the 200 is poor at all the 300 is just that bit better and by the way i dont have to justify how i spend my money. no offence george just difference of opinions, makes for healthy debate eh!

Hi lexuscol,

The 2002 version of the 200 have the same upgraded interior as the 300. About the soundproofing, I'm not sure, haven't driven a 2002 spec 200 yet. The 300 is certainly quieter than earlier 200's.

There's one problem discussing pricegap of the models. The standard equipment is not the same in different countries. In Norway for instance: Both 200 and 300 comes with HID as standard, and full leather and Navi is option on both... The things that are not possible to get on an 200 in any country however, is 5 speed E-shift (and VSC?), and of course the main issue - the engine...

So all this back and forth about the 200 and the 300 leaves me witha funny feeling. i am about to trade in or sell my 200 for a 300. I feel the 300 is WORTH IT! It is a pity they didn't bring out the 300 in the first place. i was gonna supercharge, but £4k is definitely not worth it to get up to 200+ bhp, just get a 300. and get all the extras. Makes sense?