Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Will Wheels From A Gs300 Fit A Is200

widnes_is200

• 1 month later...

the wider rear wheels from the mk1 GS sport were optional, so it may be possable to fit 4 of the standard width ones. The wider rears are 10" and run 275/35/18. I "think" the fronts are 8" wide, but they may be 8.5 i cant be certain. Never seen them on an IS but i imagine they would look sweet. The wheels themselves are TTE grandstand's if that helps ;)

SO does that mean the old gs300 sport wheels will fit an is 200?got to say they look really nice mate. :)

The rear GS300 Sport wheels are very wide, aren't they ? I wonder if they'd be too wide.

Depends. I would imagine the optional 10" wide rears on the Mk1 Sport would be too wide, the standard "Sport" rears are 8½", the same as the fronts. Not sure if they are too wide or not.

yeah they do fit. i have some of the 18s of a gs300 at the min. i was thinking of the old gs300 rims you are all on about but very rare to find them. would look nice painted then the face of them polished :). here is a pic of mine. dont know if it works or not lol

post-22803-1241554754.jpg

yeah they do fit. i have some of the 18s of a gs300 at the min. i was thinking of the old gs300 rims you are all on about but very rare to find them. would look nice painted then the face of them polished :). here is a pic of mine. dont know if it works or not lol

post-22803-1241554754.jpg

Nice wheels. Not the "Sport" wheels we were talking about though, the 10" wide ones are the ones on mine in my sig.

yeah 10inch wide 1s they was a optional extra on the old gs300 sport. as did the sport 1s not get sent out the factory with the 8inch wide 1s all round to start with. but not to sure. i know mine are not the 1s you was on about like i said in my post. but was just to show how nice the new stlye gs300 rims look on a is200. the 10inch 1s would not fit unless your going wide arch kit :) hmmmmmmmmm :)

They may have been sent out the factory with 8" ones all round & the dealers were doing the 10" option aswell. But i always thought it was a factory option, but if not they would then have a complete 8" set to sell on after upgrades. From what i heard from a guy at Toyota dealer... the 10" wide was a factory option when new, then owners were returning to order the expensive rears after seeing them in the flesh

Anyway, thats a very nice IS Paul. liking that allot. Wheels really suit it

yeah that would sound like more sense if was a factory option :). i know they are very rare to come by and i know i would not like to buy rubber for the rear 10inch 1s lol.

Thank you its coming along. I was a lucky boy to come by them wheels and so glad they fit ok :). Not much left to do now. just need a supercharger when money is not tired up so can join the best of the best IS's on here hehe.

Im liking the IS's more and more i see them, especially after joining up here. Could be a future car me thinks. You have any other pics on here? My rear tyres were new when i bought the car so i havent taken the hit yet lol. 275/35/18!

They may have been sent out the factory with 8" ones all round & the dealers were doing the 10" option aswell. But i always thought it was a factory option, but if not they would then have a complete 8" set to sell on after upgrades. From what i heard from a guy at Toyota dealer... the 10" wide was a factory option when new, then owners were returning to order the expensive rears after seeing them in the flesh

Oddly enough, the mk1 "Sport" never came out of the factory as a "Sport". It was actually something that was done to a standard Mk1 when it hit British shores. The dealers put the lowered springs on, the wheels, the grill and the decals. They were given the 8½" all round (I think they are 8½), with the option of the the 10" rears, but technically, nothing on it was a factory option.

Rubber aint cheap, last Continental Sport Contact 2's that I bought were £187 each, last pair of Eagle F1 GSD3's were £300 for the pair. Bagged a pair of Ultracs off Gord for £150 (bargain :) ). Last pair of Falken FK452's were £280 if I remember correctly.

hmm the more you hear the more it confuses. I know the "sport" didnt leave Japan as such, but i was under the impression that Toyota modified them once on UK soil with TTE parts before sending them to the dealers? Got speaking to a nice chap at a Toyota dealer when in for some service parts, he said he once worked at a joint Lexus/Toyota dealer (funnily enough where mine came from originally) He did say they fitted some wider rear wheel sets as options but the Sports were sent from Toyota UK with all the TTE modifications in place, including the wider 10" option if selected. He also said that a few non sports were fitted with wheels, spoilers and grills but no springs/suspension and were still normal models on the V5.

Either way, ive always loved the mk1 Sport and im glad ive managed to be able to own one :) You got any pics of yours Tigerfish?

I too have a mk1 Sport with the 10" rears, same colour as tigerfish's GS..... Damask Red i believe. Anuj the reason your wheels are darker is due to them being in original condition and not refurbed which i imagine Tigerfish'es are. Mine have been refurbished in the past aswell and are all silver like his. Though the spare is untouched and has original finish. I'll get some better pics next time its all waxed... but heres one seeing as we are pic whoring lol.

P.S cheers for the pics Paul, very nice :).

95436112.jpg

yeah 10inch wide 1s they was a optional extra on the old gs300 sport. as did the sport 1s not get sent out the factory with the 8inch wide 1s all round to start with. but not to sure. i know mine are not the 1s you was on about like i said in my post. but was just to show how nice the new stlye gs300 rims look on a is200. the 10inch 1s would not fit unless your going wide arch kit :) hmmmmmmmmm :)

found a set in a local scrappy....fitted them the rears are just to wide...gutted cuz they look so sweet...oh well there goes that idea then

Do you still have them? Somebody here may want them.... or... sell them on the mk4 Supra owners club. Some of those lads might want to buy them from you! they are worth quite a bit in the right circles

Do you still have them? Somebody here may want them.... or... sell them on the mk4 Supra owners club. Some of those lads might want to buy them from you! they are worth quite a bit in the right circles

i think he should still have them,i will check for you in the morning.

Anuj the reason your wheels are darker is due to them being in original condition and not refurbed which i imagine Tigerfish'es are. Mine have been refurbished in the past aswell and are all silver like his. Though the spare is untouched and has original finish.

Nice pics Paul, Anuj and rtc. Yeah, Mine have been refurbed in the past (could do with being done again) and the spare still has the dark edging on the spokes.