Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is200 Rookie

BillNick

Hi all,

Collected my 2001 IS200 Sport on Friday....Having owned a Fiesta ZetecS for 6 years (a-hem), I am naturally very pleased!!

One initial question....I was told the sport came with a chrome exhaust tip? If so mine seems to be missing...any ideas where I can get one as all I can find on eBay are universal after market thingys - ta.

Thanking you :-D

Bill

Welcome to LOC matey, it should have a chrome exhaust as standard but the back box may have been changed for whatever reason, not sure if the chrome tip was a seperate part or whether it was made that way for the Sport, someone will know tho.

The exhuast tip was a standard item on the Sport models until early 2001 (I think). IS200's after 2001 had a different back box.

Yes the part is discontinued by Lexus, so keep an eye out on ebay/LOC for one (as said they don't come up often and when they do they make silly money). I managed to buy a brand new chrome tip for my IS200 (SE) from Lexus Leeds last summer- they had the last one in stock.

The exhuast tip was a standard item on the Sport models until early 2001 (I think). IS200's after 2001 had a different back box.

Yes the part is discontinued by Lexus, so keep an eye out on ebay/LOC for one (as said they don't come up often and when they do they make silly money). I managed to buy a brand new chrome tip for my IS200 (SE) from Lexus Leeds last summer- they had the last one in stock.

Result....how much did you pay? My IS is Oct 2001 so wouldnt have had a chrome tip on it....if i buy the tip will it still fit on?

All IS200 rear boxes were the same for all models. only differences were early versions didnt have a polished stainless steel tail pipe and sportscrosses.

The tailpipe finisher that lexus supplied as an accessory was discontinued over 2 years ago now. No early sport models came with the accessory trim fitted it was an extra for all models

If your car is Oct 2001 it will have a chrome exhaust tip (not an add on, the actual tip is chrome) - try cleaning it up with a metal polish of some sort it should come up pretty good :)

Result....how much did you pay? My IS is Oct 2001 so wouldnt have had a chrome tip on it....if i buy the tip will it still fit on?

Cost me £28, but like I said I bought the last one- there are no more new ones left AFAIK.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links