what car do you drive by the way

and will you be at jap fest?

hey if you come ill even take you for a spin in mine

i think what swz lex has done to his car is super

i wouldnt drive it

(its an auto)

now i think everyone should calm down

some folks like stuff some dont

Having worked for toyota/lexus i can confirm that yes i have driven plenty of them.

Like i said there is NO denying they are good cars.

I wasnt sayin otherwise, i was just getting at the fact that they are hardly a rare or special car that should be kept in pristine standard condition like you might with something like an MGB or whatever.

Personally they dont interest me a massive amount cause im still young/foolish enough to want a car that is stupidly quick rather than appreciate the refinement of a lexus, in fact i would go so far as to say that i find refined cars rather boring to drive to be honest.

As far as what car i drive goes, ive got 12 cars at the moment none of which you would like probably, the funniest by far though is this one:

c20let2.jpg

Its a nova, so id love to here all your stereotypes etc based on that.

It may or may not interest you though that it takes 5.8 seconds to go from 60-100 (time your lexus and see how it compares to that, i think you will be shocked! a wrx imprezza for example takes 10.3)

Chip

Calm down, dear - it's only a commercial............

Somebody listens to Radio 1 too much

Well, it's all getting a bit heavy - why do people have to be so snippy at each other?

At the end of the day, I don't care what other people drive, or what they think of my car.

And we are all entitled to our own opinion - this isn't even an informed discussion, nor is it going to end with a (virtual) handshake and respect for the other persons point of view.

Is there such a thing as car-ism, like racism? Or fascism?

It may or may not interest you though that it takes 5.8 seconds to go from 60-100 (time your lexus and see how it compares to that, i think you will be shocked! a wrx imprezza for example takes 10.3)

Chip

Which gear is that in for 60-100 - top gear?

I'll try a 60-100 tonight see how it goes, probably quick but I don't think 5.8. What is the 0-60 and 1/4 mile for the Nova? I'm guessing pretty quick since its a light car.

Are you the Chip from cbforums?

Yeah thats me.

Thats going up through the gears, 0-60 i havent got an accurate time for, we were trying it but kept getting wheel spin creep in at 50mph or so when i came on boost which meant timing off the speedo was impossible as it was whipping the speedo round to 60 with the wheelspin, gave impressive times like that though, about 4 seconds, LOL

In reality i think nearer to 6 is about right though. As a guy i know has slightly modded wrx that does it in 5.1 (timed properly with timing gear not just off the speedo) and i dont catch him till after 60mph when we race from a standing start so it must be slower than 5.1

I havent had a chance to take it up the quarter mile yet, but im guessing its going to run a 13 or so due to the problems with traction, what i really need is to put the engine in the back, 300bhp+ in a fwd car weighing naff all is always going to be hard to put down onto the road.

Chip

Yeah thats me.

Thats going up through the gears, 0-60 i havent got an accurate time for, we were trying it but kept getting wheel spin creep in at 50mph or so when i came on boost which meant timing off the speedo was impossible as it was whipping the speedo round to 60 with the wheelspin, gave impressive times like that though, about 4 seconds, LOL

In reality i think nearer to 6 is about right though. As a guy i know has slightly modded wrx that does it in 5.1 (timed properly with timing gear not just off the speedo) and i dont catch him till after 60mph when we race from a standing start so it must be slower than 5.1

I havent had a chance to take it up the quarter mile yet, but im guessing its going to run a 13 or so due to the problems with traction, what i really need is to put the engine in the back, 300bhp+ in a fwd car weighing naff all is always going to be hard to put down onto the road.

Chip

Not sure I'd fancy the torque steer from a 300bhp fwd car :D the Focus RS is bad enough.

Does the car have a torque steer problem or not too bad?

As I said before... everyone has their own tastes, and individual opinions...

I love my Lexus... and as for heritage.. I don't care whether a car company won races back in the 50's.. I bought my IS200 because I loved the way it looked, and it had everything I could possibily want.

I joined this forum, because it is full of like-minded people, who love their cars (which happen to be Lexus) and I get a ton of useful information everyday from them.

This thread started with personal opinions on a modified IS200... and the owner of the car accepted everyone has different tastes, and is happy with his car.. I say good for him for building an individual car!

Blimey this thread goes from bad to worse, now Chip is ere lol. And what a person to ask "I assume you haven't driven one" :lol: Dont think there is much he AINT driven tbh !

All I have left to say is, "PUT THE HANDBAGS DOWN !!" Come on, its a Lexus with a paint job and a kit, grow up, just say like, dont like and leave it at that.

As for Chips car, fappin mental, no question there, and yet to evolve !!!

Like I say, to the rest of ya, if you wanna compare sizes etc, get over to our forum and meet ya matches :lol:

Ive got thicker than normal driveshafts on mine so it tends to light up both wheels at once and just go straight (wether you are trying to or not!) rather than torque steer, but yeah it is a real handful when it comes on boost.

Fidgits, i know james who has the lexus in question quite well, and know the amount of work thats gone into it, so i think its a shame when other lexus owners cant appreciate it even when its not to their taste (not all of you of course)

The car fits the purpose for which it was built perfectly, it REALLY turns heads, but obviously some people arent going to like it, i didnt mean to seem like i was going off on one but when people start commenting who havent seen it in the flesh they are doing it an injustice ( i know this for a fact cause i did the same before i saw it in real life, LOL).

Personally i would never have that sort of paint on one of my cars, i'd be having nightmares about it getting scratched etc, but as a show car it looks fantastic.

I think that the lexus will start to become an increasingly popular car to modify now that second hand prices are falling on the early ones (as they are now getting on a bit) so i think that its nice to see a modded one that is at least done properly, tacky stick on mods and awful bodykits will no doubt be appearing on a lexus in an issue of some awful tacky mag like max-power real soon, at least with James he has done the job properly.

Chip

Whoa easy tiger!

Basically I think the Streetworks car is amazing. Saw it in Revs a few months ago (not that i buy Revs obviously... ahem :blush: ) Great wheels and sweet paint job.

When I get my Altezza finally any chance of a similar job on it SWZ?

I actually like the Purple Lex its different and is a head turner! At first I didnt but the more I look at it the more I like it lol!

I was wondering if there is a dark blue version of that paint, like the one on the current rover advert? Purple is too outrageous for me but a nice navy blue with that sort of effect would be so nice.

OI Standard Lexus owners why dont you try some thing new like James from SWZ has, Be diffrent dont be a sheep

:D

hmmmmmmmm.....

I have refrained from commenting and have been reading this thread with interest from the off. I personally think that the car is a nice looking motor. I said this earlier.

EVERYONE has now had a chance to read each others views, comments and opinions - and 99% of people have agreed that it is individual taste.

As for your comment lozzysorion - what are you basing this on? Have you even bothered to look through our gallery? I think not - otherwise you would not be passing such a statement.

SWZ's car is unique, as you will find is Skippys, gords, darkis, mat-supracharged and mine to name but a few...

Everyone was airing their views constructively.... and you come out with this.... <_<

I actually like the Purple Lex its different and is a head turner! At first I didnt but the more I look at it the more I like it lol!

I was wondering if there is a dark blue version of that paint, like the one on the current rover advert? Purple is too outrageous for me but a nice navy blue with that sort of effect would be so nice.

The paint on james's car looks TOTALLY green in some lights, bronze in others and purple in some as well.

So you would need to pick a few very different colours to get the effect to work, not just navy blue.

If you just want navy blue though there are other effects that can look good other than flips though like a VERY mettalic addition you can put in (this car has that too), in normal light you dont really notice it but in bright sunlight its very sparkly.

Chip

The whole of the bodywork including the fitting of the kit, was 3k. and the paint is called rage ecstasy.

Been pondering on this thead, not quite sure what to say, whether to save face or dish out my true opinions. But then I realised, that it doesnt really matter what I think, you will all have you own opinions, and will quite happily pick holes in everyone elses pride and joy. Its human nature and to be expected.

But, I couldnt care less. When I go out in that car, EVERY single person who sees it is left with their finger pointing, or the jaw hanging. And at shows when we have semi naked girls hanging off it, people dont know whether to look at the car or the girls, I know I have created the best lookin car I can.

As for those of you who are quite happy to pick holes in the quality of my craftmanship, then you do so without the knowledge, that a: the builds arnt even finished yet, and b: what is on there was done in two days!!!

If ya like it GREAT, if ya dont then............................

<offensive image removed>

:( :lol:

[edit - lets keep it clean eh?]

I'm with you on this i'm afraid, after I saw your motor at Gaydon I have just put in my order for a Blue / Silver Flip, your choice of colours was not my cup of tea but the finish and the work man ship was excellent on the bodywork.

If you really had done the ICE install in 2 days then full respect that is a hell of a lot of work to get done in 2 days. As for the sound I was at Gaydon and heard it in the flesh so to speak and it is very very good, soon I shall be able to challenge you :P

I wouldn't take any offence to the thread mate, we have always been a club of varying opinions that's what makes it so great. Not everyone likes what i've done to my motor and mine isn't particularily outrageous at all but it's still good to have all the differing opinions

Cheers

Si