Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Economise By Upgrading

knitware

Whilst waiting for my Battery to be fitted ( by Toyota ) I walked across to the Citroen garage next door to take a look at the new C5. I have no intention of buying, I just wanted to look inside one. From the outside they look quite smart but while I sat in it I noticed the hard plastics, blanked out switches and dozens of buttons that operate the radio, etc. It was within seconds that I felt so glad and privileged about being a Lexus owner.

I was pounced upon by a salesman and we chatted briefly about the C5 and I made polite comment about how the car looks a lot better than the old model. I then said it was a shame that the interior was a bit harsh, hard plastics etc. He then asked me about my car and when I said Lexus he said 'well the C5 costs around £21k and a Lexus 'GS '@ about £35k, so there will be a £10k difference in the feel of the car'.

He gave me a price and options list and as I read through I almost priced the C5 to that of a Lexus GS. I included all the options that I enjoy in the Lexus, so I specced, leather, sensors, satnav, auto dimming mirrors, Xenon lights (which move), etc. There were options not availabe, keyless entry, reversing camera ( I would miss this now if I didn't have it, I can see if i'm within car park lines without opening my door).

Add to this to the fact that a C5's value will plummet fasted than a bankers bonus and the Lexus looks excellent value, and perhaps cheaper than a Citroen C5.

So i understand now, Economise by Upgrading!

Amen to that, I don't think some people realise that Lexus are a hell of a lot of car for the money, with the added bonus of reliability

Not only are they VERY good value for money but they are also flexible, refined, genuinely luxurious and very well put together. I think people are too quick to overlook them. I have been very happy with the ownership experience with our MKII RX.

OK so they use belts and tensioners in their cars - BUT they do standby their 80K - 100K change intervals - why can't VAG do the same? Well done Lexus.