Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Prolex Arb Mounts

RedLexus

they do not relocate the ARB, they do not improve handling...FACT

all they are are mounts the brackets only have a greater spacing on the bolt holes for a wider clamp to accommodate a thicker bar

From memory they are the brackets supplied with the TRD sportivo kit hence they are branded TRD. This has been discussed before and Mat tends to be right about these things.... I'd go for C-ONE bars as Steve recommended - we both have them fitted and are very pleased plus they come with their own brackets. Other ARBs, TTE for example, use the OEM mountings.

Well, I beg to differ very slightly with Mat, in that the OEM ARB brackets look incredibly flimsy. So I would think that some stronger brackets (like the TRD replacements or the ones that come as standard with the C-One ARBs) would help you get the maximum out of an uprated ARB, i.e. it's not the bracket flexing as well.

I'd rather pay £400-odd for some C-One ARBs with the stronger brackets, than £350-odd for some different ARBs plus another £200-odd for the brackets. I've got the C-One ARBs and they're ace :D

So do the Hotchkis ARBs come with upgraded brackets too ? I didn't know that (or if I did, I've forgotten ! :D). If so, makes them and the C-One ARBs top contenders IMHO.

actually i'm not 100% sure now u come to mention it. seem to remeber thinking they did?? either way, they are fantastic so not too fussed :winky: :P :D

Steve I imagine what Mat meant was they would not improve handling on the standard ARBs - which is what they look like they are supposed to do. The problem I see with getting them for ARBs designed for the OEM fitment though is that they might be too big.

as i said, the brackets only have a greater spacing on the bolt holes for a wider clamp to accommodate a thicker bar.

so you can disagree all you want, i speak from experiance and research...one thing i do know alot about is the chassis and suspension of the is200/300 and Altezza

the std bracket is not flimsy, if it was so flimsy and the TRD bracket is so much better, why do all the factory TRD built Race altezzas use the factory ARB bracket, infact not only the factory cars, but the TOMS cars and all the others in the Altezza cup

the answer is, because there is nothing wrong with it, the bracket doesn't flex as the force upon it cannot flex it, it is bolted in 2 plains to the chassis leg.

the C-One arb's have there own brackets because the c-one arbs are thicker, so the std bracket and clamp cannot hold the bar in place