Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Will Lexus Fix These Problems?

Hello all,

I've got a few niggling problems with my 220d and want to get your opinions on them, and whether the dealer will think I'm taking the p**s if I give them a list of things to fix!? the problems are as follows:

- Squeaky gator

- Rear windscreen seems to steam up all the time

- Very clunky gearbox (I know the gearboxes have problems, but I can here it clunk when I'm changing gears)

- Loud cracking noise coming from the dash

- Steering wheel doesn't seem to be straight (it had the steering rack recall before i bought it in Feb)

- When doing motorway speeds the steering seems to be twitchy (could be related to the steering wheel position)

Any advice or experiences would be most welcome. I look forward to your responses.

Matt

I had a few issues and Lexus actually went into overdrive to sort them ....after a fight. You may find the sales staff will go cool on you if its a recent purchase..avoid these muppets......as far as they are concerned you are now a non entity

any grief contact the centre principal in writing

that list looks reasonable but its about speaking to the right person i found

Hello all,

I've got a few niggling problems with my 220d and want to get your opinions on them, and whether the dealer will think I'm taking the p**s if I give them a list of things to fix!? the problems are as follows:

- Squeaky gator

- Very clunky gearbox (I know the gearboxes have problems, but I can here it clunk when I'm changing gears)

- Steering wheel doesn't seem to be straight (it had the steering rack recall before i bought it in Feb)

- When doing motorway speeds the steering seems to be twitchy (could be related to the steering wheel position)

Any advice or experiences would be most welcome. I look forward to your responses.

Matt

I had the steering rack recall done on my 220 about a week ago & my steering is, as you say, twitchy.

My son in law, who is a senior BMW tech, thinks it could be that the geometry was not set up correctly when the new rack was fitted.

I suggest that you speak to your dealer about the problem and get them to check it and put it right if it's out. I'm not bothering to have mine checked as I've sold my car & am getting its replacement on Friday.

As regards the gearbox, I had mine swapped by the dealer as I wasn't happy with it after it had an oil leak fixed which was caused, possibly, by poor re-assembly after I'd had a modified selector fork fitted, (under warranty). I found it nearly impossible to select 1st & 2nd at startup during the cold weather. After it had been running for 10 minutes or so the gears eased up and became more acceptable.

Mention the other things as well. Any half decent dealer will at least look at the problems you highlight.

"When doing motorway speeds the steering seems to be twitchy (could be related to the steering wheel position)

New suspension bushes (after steering recall) = twitchiness fixed

"When doing motorway speeds the steering seems to be twitchy (could be related to the steering wheel position)

New suspension bushes (after steering recall) = twitchiness fixed

I have exactly the same problem, i give it in to the dealer and they give it back saying its all done - however i have the same problem

So i give it in again, they take it for a town drive to establish the problem, i re book it in -- still the same problem when i get it back

even thou i mentioned its only when im doing motorway speeds then i feel it it being twitchy......

what did you say?

Hello all,

- Squeaky gator

Matt

Matt

I realise you live in Kent. If you are near T Wells, take it to Lexus TWells. They are pretty good and I dont see any reason if the car is still under warranty. When I bought mine, I was there with my IS250 every fortnight!

I was thinking of taking it to T Wells. Apparently a good dealer! I was just worried they would think I was being picky with such a big list and not take me seriously!

Thanks for the replies guys - very much appreciated. ;)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links