Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Times Flies..

Damer

Time flies when you are having fun. It seems I've had the RX almost 4 years. I got a letter yesterday saying final payment is due in July. I had completely lost track of time and it has taken me a little unawares.

In the current market I fully expect the residual value to be less that the balance outstanding, negating any equity I might have been able to use at trade in.

I need a car, and I get a pretty generous car allowance, plus fully maintained and fuled etc.

So do I

1) bite the bullet pay the debt and keep the car?

2) trade and get another (4th) Lexus

3) switch brands?

Just checked teh settlement figure is going to be higher than the residual value of the car. Apart from taking a bath on it and keeping the car what other options do I have?

Time flies when you are having fun. It seems I've had the RX almost 4 years. I got a letter yesterday saying final payment is due in July. I had completely lost track of time and it has taken me a little unawares.

In the current market I fully expect the residual value to be less that the balance outstanding, negating any equity I might have been able to use at trade in.

I need a car, and I get a pretty generous car allowance, plus fully maintained and fuled etc.

So do I

1) bite the bullet pay the debt and keep the car?

2) trade and get another (4th) Lexus

3) switch brands?

Hi, Firstly why switch brands, you like Lexus obviously, so stick to what makes you happy. Secondly, depending on your commitments income security and status maybe trade in and get another Lexus. Finally, you were aware 4 years ago that the final payment would provide you with a paid-for car and no more outgoings, I would be tempted to go for this option for now, maybe change next year or even later.

Tony

Thanks for your comments. Yes I have been very happy with lexus not only the cars but also customer service (well most of the time).

The RX was a reward to myself for reaching some personal goals in term of career progression, I've now been in current position for 4 years so feel reasonably secure.

I like the RX it is extremely practical for the family, but with the new RX450h coming out I doubt I would get another MkII RX even a Mk II Hybrid.

While it is practical, I kind of fancy a change and have been watching the prices of Maserati Quotroporte come down... :whistling:

Thanks for your comments. Yes I have been very happy with lexus not only the cars but also customer service (well most of the time).

The RX was a reward to myself for reaching some personal goals in term of career progression, I've now been in current position for 4 years so feel reasonably secure.

I like the RX it is extremely practical for the family, but with the new RX450h coming out I doubt I would get another MkII RX even a Mk II Hybrid.

While it is practical, I kind of fancy a change and have been watching the prices of Maserati Quotroporte come down... :whistling:

There is a 'slight' difference between the Lexus and a Maserati Quottroporte, the later having the edge though, but maybe not for a family. But I think you've answered your own dilema; but go for the MkII Hybrid and what a good time while prices are down, I wouldn't bother with the RX450.

Tony

If you buy Italian make sure you are well clued up on your local public transport options :whistling:

If you buy Italian make sure you are well clued up on your local public transport options :whistling:

LOL now thats true :D