Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

It's absolutly amazing this car, 10 years ago this sort of figure would have been unheared of.

A 3ltr, V6, 245 bhp and capable of 0-60 in under 7 seconds and this is the MPG. I was travelling at average speed of about 74mph for around 60miles. Incredible I think.

MPGSmallerfile.jpg

I must admit I am rather impressed with the mpg on a long journey.

The other month I averaged 37.1 MPG over 140 miles of mixed driving through yorkshire and then A1.

By the way, is it normal when the brakes need replacing, for the back end to rattle like a gud'n over bumpy surfaces......think it maybe the shoes rattling in the calipers....... :unsure:

Hi there,

Had my MKIII GS300 for about 3 months now. Around the doors I was getting about 23-24mpg (which is good for 3 litre when the IS200 I had before was only getting around 26).

I have just changed the oil for the recommended 5W30 as that is the oil for best fuel economy. The oil I chose was Magnatec 5W30A1 (A1 is for fuel economy) Since I have changed the oil it has imrprved by about 1 to 2 mpg I am getting around 25-26 now. :winky:

I

By the way, is it normal when the brakes need replacing, for the back end to rattle like a gud'n over bumpy surfaces......think it maybe the shoes rattling in the calipers....... :unsure:

I don't think there should be any noise from the back end, the break pads are securely retained and should not move. Have you been in for the rear calliper re-call/safety check? It could be this.

Hi Knitware,

I've only had the car 3 Months.......I have got it booked in on friday at Lexus Lincoln.

Could you give me further details of this recall.....just in case I need to "remind" my friends at Lexus that this could be an issue..........also if the recall hasn't happened, will they carry out any "recall" work FOC, even if the cars out of warranty?

Cheers, Tony.

Hi Knitware,

I've only had the car 3 Months.......I have got it booked in on friday at Lexus Lincoln.

Could you give me further details of this recall.....just in case I need to "remind" my friends at Lexus that this could be an issue..........also if the recall hasn't happened, will they carry out any "recall" work FOC, even if the cars out of warranty?

Cheers, Tony.

Did you buy it privately or from a dealer?

Hi Knitware,

Cheers, Tony.

Hello Tony,

Mine was bought independently too, so don't worry about that.

I had a call from Lexus Sheffield the week I bought the car. They wanted to check the steering and brake calliper due to Lexus issuing, not a recall as such, but a safety check. My steering rack was ok but I had both rear brake callipers changed including pads. The work was FOC and took about a day. They gave me a courtousy car so all was ok. I think the calliper recall is due to a pin within the calliper siezing and hence not stopping the car as good as it should.

Your local Lexus dealer should/ will know about the checks that need to be made and should be happy to help as they will bill Lexus UK for any work done.

Your car of course may not need any work doing, but don't worry about it however it could cure the rattle that you have!!

Hi Dave,

I bought the car from an independant second hand car dealer in Stoke. (not Lexus).

Why do you ask?

Rgds Tony.

Because if a fault is found and it isn't a wear & tear item the dealer is obliged by law to rectify the problem for 6 months from date of purchase.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links