Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I've managed to switch off the seat belt warning buzzer on my '07 GS without taking the dash down and cutting wires. Not that I advocate driving unbelted but the noise is so irritating.

It's not covered in the manual. If anyone wants to do the same, let me know and I'll list out the sequence.

I'm now working on taking out the satnav being controlled by the speed sensor. Any tips welcome.

I've managed to switch off the seat belt warning buzzer on my '07 GS without taking the dash down and cutting wires. Not that I advocate driving unbelted but the noise is so irritating.

It's not covered in the manual. If anyone wants to do the same, let me know and I'll list out the sequence.

I'm now working on taking out the satnav being controlled by the speed sensor. Any tips welcome.

I'd really like to know how to disarm the seat belt warning buzzer as it drives me mad....Any tips gratefully received!!

Sequence as follows:

1. Ignition switch ON by pressing twice. Red lamp and display operative

2. Press the ODO/TRIP switch in drawer so that display shows ODO

3. Ignition switch OFF

4. Ignition switch On by pressing twice. Red lamp and display operative

5. Immediately press the ODO/TRIP swich for 10 seconds. Continue holding while fastening the drivers seat belt (this needs practice and possibly some physiotherapy)

6. The display will show 'b-on'. Release and press the ODO/TRIP button to cycle it to 'b-off'

7. Switch the ignition switch off

The buzzer should now be disabled for all subsequent journeys

Sequence as follows:

1. Ignition switch ON by pressing twice. Red lamp and display operative

2. Press the ODO/TRIP switch in drawer so that display shows ODO

3. Ignition switch OFF

4. Ignition switch On by pressing twice. Red lamp and display operative

5. Immediately press the ODO/TRIP swich for 10 seconds. Continue holding while fastening the drivers seat belt (this needs practice and possibly some physiotherapy)

6. The display will show 'b-on'. Release and press the ODO/TRIP button to cycle it to 'b-off'

7. Switch the ignition switch off

The buzzer should now be disabled for all subsequent journeys

Thanks for that, it worked a treat now to try and find out how to get the sat nav to work on the move as well as the phone!!!!

Pleased it worked for you.

I take it you mean to be able to program the satnav while on the move. Finding a software solution is elusive so far. It can be done by minor wiring changes according to fellow owners on the US forum with the bonus that DVDs can be viewed on the move (by passengers of course). I'm reluctant to start disturbing trim and cutting wires.

• 6 years later...

Just switched off my driver side seat belt buzzer, thank you! Same procedure applies for passenger side by plugging passenger belt in after following the instructions

hth

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links