Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Decat Pipe Found On Ebay

Found what exactly...? :)

I think i know the one you mean, £90? As far as i can see it doesnt seem like a direct replacement if you compare the shape and length of the original one compared to the one on there, they seem a bit different.

Best is to confirm with the seller, keep a copy - then if anything goes wrong you've got something to go back on...

This one: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/LEXUS-IS200-2-0L-STA...%3A1|240%3A1318

I'm LED to believe that the exhaust slightly baried in the middle over the years.

Prolex used to/still do sell a decat as well but his will on fit up to a 99 or something?

I'm selling a decat section in the buy and sell section. Selling the full centre section so should be no fitting issues.

Stav

yea thats the one, sorry i left out the link, ive been ill so drugged up on parcetemols and im not really with it :P

so will this fir my 2000 is200? or will i need to get an earlier version?

stav, am i thinking i will need to cut my old cat off to use your centre pipe? so that would mean i couldn't bolt the cat back on for an mot, or will i still be able to do it? cheers

Depends on what month 2000 your car is for the Prolex one.

As for mine, you'll just need to chop your own cat off the split section and slightly flange one end then you can swap them at MOT time.

I'll take a pic of how my cat looks to fit in the decat section tomorrow.

Unless you want to buy my decat section and already flanged Cat, and send em yours to replace it. (i'm getting 3" flanges put on my cat to fit my new exhaust system)

Stav

• 7 months later...

Looking to get something like this myself. Does anyone know if the pre-cats on the manifold are sufficient to pass the MoT in the UK as I believe the pre-cats and main cat were mainly for elsewhere and don't want to have to raise the car and put the cat back in every time.

if the cats are taken out in the manifold it will still pass MOT mate.

I was thinking more about replacing main cat with decat pipe and leaving pre-cats on manifold as its much cheaper to do and should give greater performance (don't quote me on that!) Will they be good enough to pass the emmissions tests?

• 1 month later...

Question for those who have fitted a decat pipe- is there a gasket with two holes in it between the manifold header and the cat/decat section? The reason i ask is that i can't find one for sale and will only have use of ramps for a short time to do the decat mod so will need to cut one out of gasket sheet beforehand (if required)

Stu