Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

A Go At Polishing Metal.

Asi

well order the kit chris bought. had a go at polishing the prolex katayama strut brace. only got to a half as the drill Battery died on me so will do tommarow.

it took out the deep scratches but you could notice them a little bit if you look closely. let me know what you guys think?

DSC_0024.jpg

thanks guys. going to do more of it tonight to get the scratches off it completely and do the other half. more pics will be up soon once im finished

How you finding it mate? i couldnt believe how easy it was to do when i started :) If you have a 240v power drill it'll work even better than the cordless as it has a bit more power? Look forward to the pics mate :D

Good on you for having a go at it too :)

very easy to do but just takes time. what colour of of those things you use first and then which one do you use for a finihsing polish. i would buy a 240v drill some time later on

That is nice mate, I'm going to order one of these kits to see what I can end up doing with it :)

Aztec, are there any similar kits you can get for a dremel (well I have a B&D Wizard but technically the same thing) in order to polish small things?

That is nice mate, I'm going to order one of these kits to see what I can end up doing with it :)

Aztec, are there any similar kits you can get for a dremel (well I have a B&D Wizard but technically the same thing) in order to polish small things?

very easy to do mate. thats me doing it for the first timeand its pretty shiny.

Looks great matey, B)

i just brought a cheep drill from B&Q matey think it cost me £7.49 so if i blew it up running it for long times i could just bin it and buy another? but its still going strong so worth it :lol:

@Parthiban, Yes mate there are a few kits for the dremel, on the smaller bits you can use things like autosol depending on what the surface is like but works well :)

I like this thread... Where can i buy some goods to make shiney stuff B) :question:

I have some wheels that have suffered from the winter so after buying a kit and practiscing on my strut brace etc ill give them a go.

What kits/stuff do u guys recomend and costs?

I like this thread... Where can i buy some goods to make shiney stuff B) :question:

I have some wheels that have suffered from the winter so after buying a kit and practiscing on my strut brace etc ill give them a go.

If you find Aztec's thread on wheel polishing he's got links in there for everything you need.

Stav

This is the kit i USE matey and doesnt cost much to give it a try CLICK ME! And if you'll need a 240v power drill and your sorted :D

Do u use the 4"x1" or 4"by1/2" as the link in ur previous topic is half an inch diffrent lol... Every inch counts :D

You can use either mate, the 1" set isnt much different just covers more area faster, i have 1/2", 1" 2" wheels now and just ordered a 4" polishing wheel :)