Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

A Go At Polishing Metal.

Asi

Thanks mate, im gonna order me one of them tonight or tomorow and make shiney stuff when it comes :)

dave get a autosol or meguires stainless steel polish. they work good mate.

I got my mate to order it for me yesterday afternoon while i was at work, he txtd me this morning saying it was here already :D Great service... Ill buy a drill sometime before the holiday monday and give it a bash if i get some time

hmm now this thread has got me interested...my spare wheel is corroded really badly so basically with one of these kits would it be possible to polish it? how big a job/difficult would it be?

aztec have u tried this kit mate?...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Imops-11pc-Alloy-Whe...A1%7C240%3A1318

I'd use that kit for the more detailed items mate, the kit that Asi and myself use has the wheel mops, which are probably more suited to the job your thinking of doing? :)

I got my mate to order it for me yesterday afternoon while i was at work, he txtd me this morning saying it was here already :D Great service... Ill buy a drill sometime before the holiday monday and give it a bash if i get some time

post some pics up once you do some polishing mate.

hmm now this thread has got me interested...my spare wheel is corroded really badly so basically with one of these kits would it be possible to polish it? how big a job/difficult would it be?

I'd use that kit for the more detailed items mate, the kit that Asi and myself use has the wheel mops, which are probably more suited to the job your thinking of doing? :)

Is it a difficult job tho mate polishing up the wheels? Whats the chance in me damaging the wheel itself?

Is it a difficult job tho mate polishing up the wheels? Whats the chance in me damaging the wheel itself?

The wheels are quite easy to do mate, but you will need to respray them after being polished, Because it will remove paint around where your polishing :whistling:

Hmmm, could you use that kit to potentially polish the whole wheel? That sounds interesting but I'd imagine it would take a lot of sanding to get the painted surfaces down to bare metal :unsure:

• 2 weeks later...

i know its not a lexus but this is the polishing work i have done on my FTO.... serious amounts of hours work

what it looked like as near standard aspossable. dont have a standard pic

DSC00235.jpg

and as it stands now tho there is now a carbon fiber fan shroud on it

IMG_3080.jpg

cant wait to get my hands on a lexus for some real bling if it can be done

the bay on the FTO is nice matey - good work.

:offtopic: what power's that putting out then??

cheers... wouldnt know never had it on rollers but they 170 bhp standard in that engine. ive only added a exhaust as performance mod, tho it is down pipes, de-cat and powerflow rear. as standard 0-60 is under 8secs tho