Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Funny Noise When Breaking And Accelerating

Rabster

noticed this last night the cars has been used much lately, when i applied the brakes the car pulled slightly to the left.... not to bad this morning i think that has corrected it self

however when i use the brakes today to come to a complete stop I.e Slow speeds there is distinct grumble i wouldnt say there is a vibration when doing it but something is there lol

same again when pulling away slowly however its not there if the car naturally slows down untill the last 3-4mph

i was thinking maybe a stuck caliper it feels like it the drivers side one, but that would cause it to pull to the right surely.

the car is due a service soon anyway so if i dont rectifi this weekend willleave it till the service lol

BTW i did jet wash the wheels at the weekend thinking grease maybe washed away lol

Rabs

• 4 weeks later...

noticed this last night the cars has been used much lately, when i applied the brakes the car pulled slightly to the left.... not to bad this morning i think that has corrected it self

however when i use the brakes today to come to a complete stop I.e Slow speeds there is distinct grumble i wouldnt say there is a vibration when doing it but something is there lol

same again when pulling away slowly however its not there if the car naturally slows down untill the last 3-4mph

i was thinking maybe a stuck caliper it feels like it the drivers side one, but that would cause it to pull to the right surely.

the car is due a service soon anyway so if i dont rectifi this weekend willleave it till the service lol

BTW i did jet wash the wheels at the weekend thinking grease maybe washed away lol

Rabs

I may have very similar problems seems to come and go, never wants to show up when i go to the garage to get it checked!!

Dose yours sound like someone blowing a rasberry, mine occurs just as the car is stoppping - its fine if i press the brakes wile the car is moving but when im just about to stop it makes the noise and the brake peddel move a little further then usual (it seems) ~ its been driving my crazy for a few months and i think im going to have to take the plunge and get it looked it but its going to be a full caliper stripping and checking, all charged at an hourly rate :crybaby:

Mine dose not pull to any side (not that i have noticed)

anyone come across this problem?

Kwick fit offer a free brake check might be worth popping there 1st

mine was due to my brake pad dying

Rabs

i have been there a few times, first few times it didnt occur and they couldnt spot anything and once they heard the noise and felt the peddel sink alittle and they checked the brakes, greased everything up and came to no conclusiona and said they could stip everything completely and have a good look @ hourly rate but said best option would be to take it to the dealers

is it happening on the motorway? because i had similar when i catch the groove

not really the motorway as i dont really stop there much, but when there is traffic and i stop then it dose

mine comes and goes and when it dose happens it is when it is stopping, just before