Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

i have a 2000 lexus gs300 .i have just installed an aftermarket double din dvd unit .my problem is that i cant figure out how to connect the blue wire (antenna wire ) from the head unit to the electric aerial .has anybody got any ideas how and where the blue wire connects to, to work the aerial ??

There should be three wires on the factory harness to do with the antenna. Pins 3, 4 and 5 going out of the head unit. Colours should be white with red tracer, white with light blue tracer and a black (possibly with white tracer). Can't remember specifically which is which, but one controls up and down, the others control the length, based on frequency that stereo is tuned into. You would just have to pick the combo that puts it to full extension as your new head unit is unlikely to beb able to switch the length. At a guess, you should connect your blue wire to the on pin 5 (black wire). You might need to also connect it to the wire on pin 3 too, to get the full extension. All at your own risk of course :lol: