Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Amp Install Help

Hi,

I need advise on how to install a Speaker to RCA Convertor on a IS200 using the rear speakers on the rear Shelf for Sub Install. I know the rear speakers run off the OEM Amp and not sure how to connect the Speaker to RCA Convertor using the rear speaker wires, dont wanna use incorrect wires and fry the convertor. Please Help and advise. If any pics would on this subject would be grateful.

Aky

Basically if you using it to power a sub, you need to "T" off the two wires going to the bottom speaker.

just strip back some outer sheath and attach it. one to each wire on each side.

Thats should be it.

Basically if you using it to power a sub, you need to "T" off the two wires going to the bottom speaker.

just strip back some outer sheath and attach it. one to each wire on each side.

Thats should be it.

Hi,

I want to connect a High Level Speaker Output to RCA phono convertor to connect a separte Amp which will power the sub. The Speaker to RCA convertor will convertor the speaker output to Low Pass signal through RCA phono, which will give me phono output signal which then i will connect to the amp via phono leads. I need to know if it is safe to connect using the rear speaker wires as they are powered by the OEM amp from the car stereo.

Basically I want to ran a amp and sub without changing the original standard headunit in the Lexus is200.

Aky

Yes its safe,

thats how Aztecs running his setup. however the rear speakers are actually 4 speakers, one on top of each other each side.

the lower ones are only bass already so you can tap off them for a better signal.

stav

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links