Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Started Paint The Engine Covers.

Andy-R

Started painting the covers off the engine today, just started with the one with VVTI on to see how I got on, need to do the rest next week now when I don't have to use the car for a day or so, was going to go blue and white but decided on silver to save messing about with the silver bits on the air filter box.

I'm quite pleased considering it was a 1st effort, what do you think? more pics when the other bits are done.

Oh thanks to Cous3 for the idea.

SS850538.jpg

I to have been doing this in another shade of blue lol... Except I dont use that part in your pic as I have a cover to put on :D

It's nice to have a little colour in the bay

I to have been doing this in another shade of blue lol...

It is actually abit darker than it looks in the pic, must have just been the light.

I'm still after a replacement one of these because this ones crumbling, hopefully 3 coats of primer, 3 coats of paint and 3 coats of lacquer (when it comes) will help keep it in one piece a bit more, might do a couple more bits today as I don't really need the car over rthe weekend.

Looking good matey, B) you'll want that engine bay cleaning soon :lol:

:whistling: Someone did say they'd do it for me, wonder who that was :lol:

Just primed all the other covers so will let them bake abit over night in the boiler cupboard and then spray them tomorrow :D

Done the rest, still need a couple of coats of lacquer but it's not come yet and I needed the car today.

Need to have a tidy up in the bay now, give it a good clean and what not, need to move those ballast's aswell.

SS850548.jpg

SS850551.jpg

SS850552.jpg

Looks like you've done a floody good job there mate, nice work on the filter section :D B)

You seem to have a big gap above the manifold on yours too :P :lol:

Thanks Chris, not as happy with the L badge, you can't really see in the pics but it's abit crappy, quite pleased with the silver stripes tho on the filter housing, noticed my K&N needs a clean and oil while it was off tho.

I'm saving that space for when you get a turbo :P

Looks like you've done a floody good job there mate, nice work on the filter section :D B)

Thanks Chris, not as happy with the L badge, you can't really see in the pics but it's abit crappy, quite pleased with the silver stripes tho on the filter housing, noticed my K&N needs a clean and oil while it was off tho.

Looks a nice tidy job from here though mate :D

Dont think i'll be going turbo mate too much hassle for me :P

Looks a nice tidy job from here though mate :D

Dont think i'll be going turbo mate too much hassle for me :P

We'll see :P

Lacquer came this morning so give it a good coating with that and the missus has took it out now so hopefully any burnoff smoke will clear before I drive it next, i'll let her get the funny looks.

Need to get some chrome caliper stickers now, can I still get them off here?

I haven't started painting mine yet, can't decide what colour so leaving it as black. I have a weird taste in colours, often what other people refer to as "colour clash" lol. Good job on the spraying, you going to spray the manifold covers as well? Also clean your engine! it's letting your artwork down lol

Should of done the timing belt cover not really planning on doing the manifold covers tho, defo going to give the engine bay a good clean and need to move the ballasts aswell. Only really done this as it's a cheap easy mod but makes a big difference IMHO so as long as I keep it clean should look good for a while yet :D