Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Induction Kit

Thought i start another post as the title of my previous POST is irrelevent. Now i've got it fitted as i like it to be, so just an update really from last time.

Finally got the elbow hose that fits the throttle body. I've also cut about 6cm off to old hose to use as a sleeve for induction pipe, which made it fit very well. This just goes to show how much bigger i needed the hose to be to fit the throttle body! Anyway here it is so far :-

Induction kit on and cleaned the engine bay up a bit since last time (1st time ever since i've had my lexus (3 Yrs)). You will notice i've attached a sleeve near mid-section around the induction pipe to stop the engine part rubbing against the pipe.

enginebay001.jpg

The T-bolt clamp is a bit of an over kill lol, also installed the suspension plates.

enginebay002.jpg

Eagle eye ones amongst you would have noticed i had no manifold heatshield. Thats because they are being sprayed along with the bolts and radiator clamps. Once these are done i wll then install the slam panel.

heatshield001.jpg

That looks much better, was there plenty of room with the new elbow piece on the throttle body top then? Did the T-clamp need to take up much slack in the hose diameter?

I've found that my induction pipe just rubs slightly underneath the bonnet just on the bend, leaves a slight mark on the pipe.

Engine bay looks loads better, especially with the chrome suspension covers......excellent, the painted manifold heat shields will make a huge differance to.

What's next????

Keith

I know next to nothing about this, so I could be way off. But since the induction kit is sucking from the throttle body, rather than blowing in from the end of the pipe, surely it doesn't matter if it steps down, since it has to go into the narrower throttle body anyway ? :unsure:

Whitey, not sure why the pipe steps down like it does, it's just designed that way.

Cous3, the t-clamp were perfect, they still have more room to be tightened. I was tempted to cut the hose at the throttle body at an angle so the hose points more downwards towards the front, but decided not to in the end as i would end up having to order another elbow hose, if it went wrong lol. Yeah, i notice there was very slight rubbing at the induction pipe where it bends. Will see it better after a week of driving and will do what is necessary to prevent it.

Next would be the slam panel and the engine cover. I dummy fitted the engine cover today and i may have to modify the way the oil breather hose is connected and unfortunately the engine plate also covers over the induction bracket, so i will have to look elsewhere to clamp down the induction pipe in place. I don't want to cut any bits off the engine plate unless it is really the last resort. Will see when i try fitting it maybe tomorrow.

I know next to nothing about this, so I could be way off. But since the induction kit is sucking from the throttle body, rather than blowing in from the end of the pipe, surely it doesn't matter if it steps down, since it has to go into the narrower throttle body anyway ? :unsure:

I'm not saying it affects the performance, but if it stayed the same diameter then it would be the right size to start with and wouldnt need the packing to fill the elbow. If you see what i mean

I'm not saying it affects the performance, but if it stayed the same diameter then it would be the right size to start with and wouldnt need the packing to fill the elbow. If you see what i mean

Yep, I see what you mean. I guess I was mainly responding to Whitey suggesting that the stepping down could cause a restriction.

Phheww..all done, but had to seriously cut up the engine plate to accommodate fitting of the induction kit. Images:-

Fits perfectly now, no rubbing as far as i can see. Even been able to fit back the alternator cover.

angle001.jpg

Had to turn the oil breather hole nozzle from 12o'clock to 10 o'clock to prevent pipe from blocking due to the sharp turning.

angle002.jpg

Wonder how long it will shine for lol

angle003.jpg

From a different angle.

angle004.jpg

You can see i had to butcher up the engine plate a bit, but it had to be done. I will smooth it and give it more shape once i buy a decent grinder. I had to cut the plate by hand, using a junior hacksaw. For once my engine bay is cleaner than the bodywork on the outside lol. Next, TRD oil cap to give it the cherry on top.

Phheww..all done, but had to seriously cut up the engine plate to accommodate fitting of the induction kit. Images:-

Fits perfectly now, no rubbing as far as i can see. Even been able to fit back the alternator cover.

angle001.jpg

Had to turn the oil breather hole nozzle from 12o'clock to 10 o'clock to prevent pipe from blocking due to the sharp turning.

angle002.jpg

Wonder how long it will shine for lol

angle003.jpg

From a different angle.

angle004.jpg

You can see i had to butcher up the engine plate a bit, but it had to be done. I will smooth it and give it more shape once i buy a decent grinder. I had to cut the plate by hand, using a junior hacksaw. For once my engine bay is cleaner than the bodywork on the outside lol. Next, TRD oil cap to give it the cherry on top.

Lookin clean & shiney, I do like the bonnet struts to :D

From a different angle.

angle004.jpg

:crying: a pound of sausages for me please

Looks good mate,

maybe consider getting a little filter for the air breather and block the hole on the induction kit?

saves having the pipe running right across.

Stav

I've seen them oil breather filters before, but didn't know it was for that purpose, thought it was used for other cars and for other reasons. Will get one on order! Stav, know the diameter by any chance? Don't fancy taking the engine cover off again just to measure the size.

Looks good mate,

maybe consider getting a little filter for the air breather and block the hole on the induction kit?

saves having the pipe running right across.

Stav

I've seen them oil breather filters before, but didn't know it was for that purpose, thought it was used for other cars and for other reasons. Will get one on order! Stav, know the diameter by any chance? Don't fancy taking the engine cover off again just to measure the size.

Just measure the diamete of the pipe at the induction kit!

Ordered the oil breather filter, the pipe i used was 13mm (ID), the closest size for the oil breather filter i can get is 15mm (should be fine, once tighten up with jubliee clip). Now im trying to buy something to block off the nozzle on the induction tube. I prefer a rubber cap/hood of some kind rather than a rubber plug. Anyone with recommendations what to use to block off the 13mm nozzle?

• 2 weeks later...

Fitted the oil breather filter and blocked off the one at the kit using a metal cap. Just one question, does it matter what air temperature the oil breather air intake is, as i've just got it taking air straight from above the manifold?

Fitted the oil breather filter and blocked off the one at the kit using a metal cap. Just one question, does it matter what air temperature the oil breather air intake is, as i've just got it taking air straight from above the manifold?

IIRC it doesnt suck are in it allows the fumes from the oil to escape, but no i dont think it matters either way.

Stav