Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Brake Master Cylinder 1999 Gs300

Hi All

Urgent help needed regards a brake master cylinder for a 1999 GS300 Sport.

I can get one and the only information is it will fit 1998 to 2000 JZS 161 I can't find a part number on mine but under the bonnet I have JZS 160R will this fit mine if not where can I find the part numbers for a master cylinder I have googled etc. but a complete waste of time, these search engines are about as much use as a chocolate fire guard sometimes.

As I said very URGENT so would like a quick reply if possible.

Norman

I think this page shows you the part numbers that you need.

The brake master cylinder sub-assembly appears to be one of three part numbers - 47025-30150, 47025-30152 or 47025-30230. This doesn't include the whole brake booster itself. I have no idea what the differences are, they could just be later revisions of the same thing. A Toyota/Lexus dealer should know for sure though.

Thanks Stevie I did find that site early today but just lists the master cylinder as a JZS 160,UZS161 so still not sure if the UZS161 after the 160 means it will fit mine.

What it is I have had a dodgy Master cylinder for a while some times the VSC OFF ABS AND THE VSC light comes on plus the buzzer, I took the car in for a good service plus a load of other stuff and was told it was in excellent condition (only 88000 miles and drives like new) but the master cylinder is on the way out as you probably know a common fault on these cars.

I love the car and these units are £2000 + fitting from Lexus but I can get a brand new one for £900 + £20 delivery so I am going to bite the bullet and get it if it fits the only problem is the difference in the JZS number the guy has said it will fit cars from 1998 to 2000 but due to the fitting charge I want to make sure it is the right one.

Norman

The JZS161 is the Japanese market Aristo TT, so if you want to double check, compare the part number(s) for the 1999 Europe RHD GS300 with the part number(s) for the 1999 Japan Toyota Aristo JZS161.

There is a repair kit listed just for the master cylinder on this model.

More accurate info if vin number available...

I think you will find it is usualy the pump that packs up and they are over £1000 to replace.