Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lowering Springs, Which Ones?

Chris Munro

Been looking around for a set of lowering springs not sure which ones to get? Been reading on here about the confusion with models and age etc and the doubt of factory ride height, im certain my Sport has been lowered 15mm from the original. Anyway when it comes to springs is it a case of the more you pay the better they are? I know Tien springs are well renouned for quality but heard they're quite a rough ride. Was looking at these, any help or pointers would be great guys,

Cheers Chris

Il get some pictures up soon of my car

Springs

Springs 2

i've been looking at some eibach springs been quoted £190 inc. v.a.t And ive replaced the anti roll bar bushes with superpro poly bushes made huge diffence in the way the car feels :winky:

Where did you get the anti roll bar bushes mate ?

Yeah i'd go for TTE/Eibach ones, they are a good ride and improves handling. They are a 35mm drop. TTE springs (which are Eibach) can be had from Lexus for less then £190 - more so if your a goldie.

For the money i'd go to lexus for the TTE/Eibach ones, good quality ride and low enough not to cause any problems :)

Yeah ive been reading up on those springs on here. Looks like a sound option, but will that mean its only a 15mm drop from a 2001 Sport model?

Yeah ive been reading up on those springs on here. Looks like a sound option, but will that mean its only a 15mm drop from a 2001 Sport model?

Good question. It would be interesting if you could measure the vertical distance from the top of your tyre to the arch, as in this thread, then you can compare the heights posted in there of cars fitted with those springs.

Is your car pre- or post- the 2001 updates ? If it's pre-update then it sounds like it'd be a bigger drop than for a post-update model.

Good question. It would be interesting if you could measure the vertical distance from the top of your tyre to the arch, as in this thread, then you can compare the heights posted in there of cars fitted with those springs.

Is your car pre- or post- the 2001 updates ? If it's pre-update then it sounds like it'd be a bigger drop than for a post-update model.

Im not sure mate, what updates were given after 2001? Ive just put up some pictures HERE maybe your able to see visually which one it is. But yeh im definatley going to measure th before and after heights cause I was reading about it alot in the forum and there was alot of confusion and not much conclusion.

thoughts on the tein springs? I know their coilovers are the muts nuts but how will their springs fare on oem shocks?

Yeah I also thought about Tein springs too, but I have heard they are really stiff and not all that easy for day to day use, could be wrong though!

Im not sure mate, what updates were given after 2001?

The changes are summarised here.

I think since you've got the raised rear spoiler with built-in stop light, then it's a post-2001-update model, since that was one of the changes (unless of course someone has added one onto yours later). Three-hole windscreen washer jets (as opposed to the earlier two-hole, and later fan-type) are another thing that you can check.

Im not sure mate, what updates were given after 2001?

The changes are summarised here.

I think since you've got the raised rear spoiler with built-in stop light, then it's a post-2001-update model, since that was one of the changes (unless of course someone has added one onto yours later). Three-hole windscreen washer jets (as opposed to the earlier two-hole, and later fan-type) are another thing that you can check.

Nice one mate, clears things up alot. Looks like I have the post 2001 update model. So just need to find out if the TTE/Eibach springs are 35mm drop on the pre or post 2001 model, im giving Lexus a call tommorow so will quiz them about it.

Nice one mate, clears things up alot. Looks like I have the post 2001 update model. So just need to find out if the TTE/Eibach springs are 35mm drop on the pre or post 2001 model, im giving Lexus a call tommorow so will quiz them about it.

From that other thread, I'm pretty sure the TTE springs will be a lot more than a 35 mm drop for an pre-2001 S/SE model. So I would guess the "35mm" is based on the post-update models. If you look at the other thread you will see Cous3's measurements of the ride height of his IS200, with lowering springs.