Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Any Recommendations For Bluetooth Kit To Get

I have an IS200 and am looking at getting Bluetooth kit - I dont want the headset type and not too bothered by price since my company will pay as long as reasonable but have read somewhere that the amplified speakers cause some issues?

Can anyone advise the best kit to get ? - phone is nokia 6300 btw.

The Parrot kits are highly recommended.

As for the amp'd speakers, any decent installer should be able to do it.

If not theres plenty of people on here (including myself) that have installed them and can point you in the right direction.

Stav

the best kit now is the parrot mki9200 if you want extra gadget stuff! does bt audio streaming, plays of usb sticks and ipods.. oh and does calls too!!

the parrot ck3200 or nokia ck15w are prob next best. cheaper and are great if you just want calls etc on them.

Personally, i find that nokia's work best with nokia car kits due to the way they lock down their BT software..

Thanks for replies guys.

I was looking at satnav kits today that have Bluetooth and wonder if that is a good solution? Can anyone explain the disadvantages of them? I would expect sound clarity not so good but grateful if anybody that actually uses one could tell me what they think and maybe explain why pay £200 or so for phone kit alone ?

My Pioneer bluetooth head unit cost a little over £200 and is excellent IMHO (no satnav though).

I Never really thought about that option. Quite happy with the stock audio set up really. I know you can get the fascia adaptors etc but dont want to change the head unit. It is also wired up for ipod which I am intending experimenting with to get it into ashtray. I also have a separate satnav but it is older one that doesnt have Bluetooth and could pass that onto my dearest wife if I get another one. Still not sure which way to go - any other views appreciated.

Up to you of course. But my head unit is sooooooooo much better than the OEM unit, e.g. great sound quality, reliable, iPod control, plays MP3 CDs, looks nice, easy to use, great Bluetooth support, etc, etc.

One problem I have if I go down route of new head unit -it is unlikely that my work would pay for that since i have to supply receipt..and dont think they would wear the expalnation . Are all stock head units the same / Mine says something about lexus premium sound system on it. - it is 6 cd front loader with cd slot at top (2004 model) ?

If I go for pioneer - where do you get the fascias ?

cheers for the help .

Problem with the portable satnav option is that will you always set it up in the car? If you will then it'll probably do, the sound quality won't be quite as good but it's good enough. If you won't then there will be times that you won't be handsfree.

Fully wired kit is great - I have a Bluetouch which is excellent, but the newer Parrot 9200 mentioned above would be my choice if buying now.

The other option is to replace the headunit, either as above with just Bluetooth, or you could go the whole way with a full satnav headunit but then you're looking at higher costs. Facias are easy to come by, but require a bit of work on them if you want a perfect match with the dash.

If work are paying for it, I'd go for the fully wired kit, and the Parrot one works best. It gives you Bluetooth for the phone, plus also supports Bluetooth audio streaming, iPod control and SD or USB hard drive so you have all bases covered, and it's unlikely there will be any issues regarding reimbursement :)

or you could take a strole into lexus or toyota and ask them to price you up a bury car kit,the wife has one in her celica and its amazing you can even get the blue tooth option as well.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links