Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is200 Newbie

is200ste

Hi Everybody,

Ive just bought a Lexus I200 on a 'W' plate and I LOVE it. In all honesty the car is abit of a dog but with a little TLC I think I can make it quite nice.

Firstly the wheels are all really corroded but Ive been told this is common due to being diamond cut or something ?

Ive got the car booked in for next saturday for an exchange for some freshly refubed original wheels :D

I had the car serviced at a Toyota dealership yesterday as the service history is abit shady (I did this for peace of mind really) they have advised a coolant change and near side shocker replacement as the existing one is leaking.

The bodywork is nowhere near mint but I might have a respray depending on how the car runs in the next few weeks (If I have no probs I wont be bothered about throwing abit of money at the car).

Im now hooked on the lexus brand after only 4 days of ownership, Ive never driven anything as smooth in my life and despit what people have been telling me the fuel economy seems to be pretty damn good.

Anyway once again Hi to everyone and I hope to be reading some interesting posts and asking you all plenty of questions.

Cheers, Steve

Thanks for the welcome guys, This seems to be a nice friendly forum B)

Im to embarrassed to get pics up at the mo as the wheels are probably the worst Ive ever seen on a car....Newly refurbed ones will be on by saturday though.

I only plan to keep this is200 for a few months as its not the best example around but drives spot on.

I have some money due to come to me in the next couple of months and I plan to sell this car and put the money together and buy a mint example.

Im definately sold on the Lexus brand now and a nice black is200 sport is what I fancy next on a newer reg plate.

I'll get some pics up at weekend or early next week.

Thanks for the welcome guys, This seems to be a nice friendly forum B)

Im to embarrassed to get pics up at the mo as the wheels are probably the worst Ive ever seen on a car....Newly refurbed ones will be on by saturday though.

I only plan to keep this is200 for a few months as its not the best example around but drives spot on.

I have some money due to come to me in the next couple of months and I plan to sell this car and put the money together and buy a mint example.

Im definately sold on the Lexus brand now and a nice black is200 sport is what I fancy next on a newer reg plate.

I'll get some pics up at weekend or early next week.

I thought that when I got mine, it was in a right state and I didn't really want the bother of getting it back to what it should be but then fell in love with it so sorted all the mess out, quite satisfying looking at it now and thinking what a state it was in, the only thing thats still bugging me is a small crease in the o/s/r wing but that's to big a job for me so it'll have to wait :D