Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi,

Just was wondering on the way home today from work today, whether there was a top gear review on the is220 or 250? or even the is200? I watched the IS-F but never the original if there ever was one.

the is250 or 220 on fifth gear? i will have to search for that and watch the review, i like top gear reviews straight to the point and no hiding anything. wont mind seeing a review on one of the cars

Think it was a 220d done by Tom Ford (or possibly the other guy that does serious road tests, can't remember his name, or who it was) - from what I remember he quite liked it, but think it was the petrol car he actually recommended :)

Hi there

Here it is...

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/driving/j...ticle710808.ece

As expected, he was critical - but I went ahead and bought mine just after the review and the same color!

I think he was actually kinda being complimentary about the car, in a back handed sort of way. I for one dont think that there is much wrong in wanting a comfortable reliable car. He suggests that we should think about an Alfa before we buy a lexus...what a load of dross. I have had the misfortune of having owned a Alfa 156. You name it, it went wrong...it was the worst car i have ever had..infact, with the exception of a few renault lagunas, it was the worst car anybody ever had. If jeremy clarkson thinks im boring in buying a Lexus before an Alfa, well then i will be boring for the rest of my life and i will highly recommend that everyone else that is buying a car be boring too.

I don't get the whole alfa thing to be honest, maybe once upon a time it made sense but they aren't great to drive now so what are they on about? If anything they should now be saying you have to buy a BMW if you are a true enthusiast - at least that makes sense. But I'd take the RWD IS over the FWD alfa anyday of the week...........

Yes I agree. I owned a RWD Alfa in the early 1980's. I know what JC is talking about but it really only applies to the past. In those days they were fabulous to drive but not to own. Now they are just ordinary to drive and just as bad to own.

Clarkson is a self opinionated, overbearing oaf who tries to force his facile beliefs down our throats. What the oaf says or thinks is really not that important, but it is the reality of us/those who's experience tof the machinmes that really matters. Cian't understand why he gets paid for his verbal outbursts of bull excrement.

Col. (from the "we love Jeremy Clarkson fanclub" NOT!!! ) :tsktsk: