Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Oem Arch Rolling

While cleaning on the weekend, I noticed that our Merc has it's rear arches rolled.........is that something manufacturers just do now as wheels are getting larger and larger or is it because we have the optional wide rear wheels?

There's plenty of clearance so I can't see there ever being an issue with the wheels it has on so it made me think that perhaps they just roll them from the factory to prevent having to do it once you drop it and put big wheels on :winky:

Nah, would seriously doubt that it's to help future car-pimpers avoid widening their own arches!! Maybe they just look nice?

Well you can't really see it, perhaps it's required for the AMG version, so they just make all of them like that?

What merc is it mate? Its probably just the way the arch is designed...

It's a CLS, the front arch is as normal though, it's only the rear that's been rolled, looks like this:

celicalip.jpg

While browsing that site I noticed in the photos there's a blue IS200 that's had work done and it looks like the pics were taken at WIM - anyone on here?