Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hacked Off

Wounded! Id be hacked off to fella. Scumbags!!! :tsktsk: Fingers crossed it will pop out but its over a crease line so might leave a mark. Hope it turns out ok dude.

I knew it would be alot but thats just shocking, now don't think I say this to upset you more, but what can you do to stop it again before you get it repaired?

You dont want the scum to do it again, i've had couple of nails in my tyres over the last 3 months to often for more likeing. (well once is more than I'm happy with-costly things). Granted it was in my brothers clio as my car has been off the road, I do live next to where there building so fingers crossed it's just been by chance. But it really BEEPS me off if it happens again...

Went out to my car late on this morning, and found this :

IMG_2526.jpg

IMG_2525.jpg

This was laying on the ground next to my car, so I presume it was used to do the damage. If I could get my hands on the :tsktsk: who did this ...

IMG_2524.jpg

I'm guessing that the dent in rear wing will psuh out relatively easily, but I'm also guessing I'm going to need a new (expensive ?) door surround (the second pic is the driver's door surround, the shiny black bit) :tsktsk:

feel for you mate.

• 4 weeks later...

Brief update. The insurance company have authorised Lexus's quote, which includes replacing the rear quarter panel and doing lots of other work connected with replacing that. Car is booked in for Thursday 7th May. This is coming off my insurance though, since I don't know who did it :tsktsk:

Just dropped the car off at the body shop today. Can't bear to think of them cutting panels off etc :crybaby:

Their estimate is to not have it done till the 18th, so looks like I'll be driving down to Japfest in this :

IMG_2557.jpg

It's brand new but pretty horrible to drive, I must say. One interesting feature is the Eco thing where if you stop in traffic then it turns off the engine and starts it again when you dip the clutch to engage gear and move off again, quite nice. Still, at least it's transport though ! :lol:

Just dropped the car off at the body shop today. Can't bear to think of them cutting panels off etc :crybaby:

Their estimate is to not have it done till the 18th, so looks like I'll be driving down to Japfest in this :

IMG_2557.jpg

It's brand new but pretty horrible to drive, I must say. One interesting feature is the Eco thing where if you stop in traffic then it turns off the engine and starts it again when you dip the clutch to engage gear and move off again, quite nice. Still, at least it's transport though ! :lol:

and i thought i had it bad!!!

hope you get your car back soon

• 2 weeks later...

My no claims was protected, so it won't hit that. I had to pay a £250 excess :nugget:

Even though my no claims will be ok, they still might put my premium up because of course the fact I've had to claim might show them I live in a more "risky" area :(

The Lex feels soooo low after the Yaris though, feels like I'm sitting on the floor and driving ! :lol:

Remember having a Yaris courtesy car for a bit a few years ago when having some bodywork done - took a bit of persuasion but made sure they got me a Lexus shortly after :lol:

Thanks all. I must say I'm well impressed with the job that Lexus/Toyota have done. It's Octagon Toyota's body shop at Bracknell who did the repair. It was the most expensive quote by a long way but the insurance company were perfectly happy with it and the fit and finish of the new panel is spot on.

Thanks all. I must say I'm well impressed with the job that Lexus/Toyota have done. It's Octagon Toyota's body shop at Bracknell who did the repair. It was the most expensive quote by a long way but the insurance company were perfectly happy with it and the fit and finish of the new panel is spot on.

Good to see you have your car back Steve ! Looks like a good job on it !!!

That Lexus Garage isn't too far away from where i live ! Good to see their work is good too !

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links