Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Removing Wiipers On 91 Ls400

i purchased some replacement wirpers for my '91 LS400

i assumed this would be a 30 second job.... i mean how difficult can it be????

ok.... im being dumb :blush: . ......... but how do you remove the original wipers???? i found a little tab, which i assume releases the wiper.... ive tried pushing it, pulling it, swearing at it.... all to no avail.... any suggestions/ help will be much appreciated

Hi,

I had the same problem when I replaced mine and the handbook has 4 pages dedicated to this.

First get the wipers into the vertical position on the windscreen using the ignition key to stop them at this point.

With the double arm one there is a little hinged clip just above where the arm connects, flip this up then slide the wiper arm down ( may take a bit of force here) to disconnect.

For the other side rotate the wiper arm to a right angle to the arm depress the plastic clip/lock pin then yank the wiper towards you holding it booth sides of the arm.

This is assuming you have original Lexus wipers fitted.

If you are still having problems PM me and I will scan and email the section in the book for you.

Nearly forgot DO NOT let the arms hit the screen when removing the blades if in doubt place a folded towel over the screen.( I forgot to remove my towel after fitting the new blades and drove for 3 miles afterwards thinking it was very foggy until I realised the towel was still there :whistling: )

Hi,

I had the same problem when I replaced mine and the handbook has 4 pages dedicated to this.

First get the wipers into the vertical position on the windscreen using the ignition key to stop them at this point.

With the double arm one there is a little hinged clip just above where the arm connects, flip this up then slide the wiper arm down ( may take a bit of force here) to disconnect.

For the other side rotate the wiper arm to a right angle to the arm depress the plastic clip/lock pin then yank the wiper towards you holding it booth sides of the arm.

This is assuming you have original Lexus wipers fitted.

If you are still having problems PM me and I will scan and email the section in the book for you.

Nearly forgot DO NOT let the arms hit the screen when removing the blades if in doubt place a folded towel over the screen.( I forgot to remove my towel after fitting the new blades and drove for 3 miles afterwards thinking it was very foggy until I realised the towel was still there :whistling: )

thasnks excerlant instructiomns

only problem now is the new passenger blade is too high (it hits the far right hand side of the windcreen as it returns to the horizontal position. and of course its dark now lol, cant see any thing. is the arm (the bit that holds the wiper) adjustable? if not i will just modify the blade

Nothing should have moved during fitting, are the blades the same length as there were many variants on size? Check for any play in the arm by gently moving it side to side,check it is fully tightened onto the spindle drive. You can adjust them but it shouldn't need any unless it was forced across the windscreen manually which may have misaligned it.

Nothing should have moved during fitting, are the blades the same length as there were many variants on size? Check for any play in the arm by gently moving it side to side,check it is fully tightened onto the spindle drive. You can adjust them but it shouldn't need any unless it was forced across the windscreen manually which may have misaligned it.

the blades are different sizes..... driver blade is 20inch, passenger is 18inch (i think).

out of interest, can somebody look at the wiper arm on the passenger side.... mine looks like it has been joined back together a few inches from the top....im wondering if somehow it got broken and has been rejoined.... and is now a little longer than it should be. If so, i will get a replacement wiper arm.... for now im just using the original blade.... which now i check carefully is also too long, but is thinner than the new blade so doesnt catch in the same way

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links