Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Brake Master Cylinder 1999 Gs300

Bit the bullet today and bought a brand new brake master cylinder to keep my old girl on the road paid £900 but the car is worth it, I don't like to see a good Lexus scrapped for the sake of that sort of money.

These can range from £2000 but there is a place on the net that is doing them for £1449 so I think I had a real bargain.

Keeping my fingers crossed that she behaves herself now.

Norman :D

Bit the bullet today and bought a brand new brake master cylinder to keep my old girl on the road paid £900 but the car is worth it, I don't like to see a good Lexus scrapped for the sake of that sort of money.

These can range from £2000 but there is a place on the net that is doing them for £1449 so I think I had a real bargain.

Wow that's good money, but, I would do the same... :D

So did you find the part number?

Hi Dave

Part number is 47050-30150

Norman

Hi Dave

Part number is 47050-30150

Norman

Part came today and what a lump no wonder it is so expensive part number on the unit is 47210-30152 so the previous number I gave was not for the complete unit by all accounts.

I have been told this is the new brake master cylinder to replace the one that had a problem after 1000 miles.

Next job is to get it fitted I usualy do this sort of thing myself but guarantee says it must be fitted by a competent mechanic due to the weird setup procedure.

possibly the 1st number is for the original and the 2nd for the updated larger replacement unit then. Hope all goes well with fitting.