Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Upgrading The Is200 Speakers

Which ones you thinking of swapping matey? front and rears? or just fronts/rears? i've got the Vibe SE-K69's on the rear shelf and the Vibe SE-K60 components in the front doors, which i cant fault for the money and got them running off a JBL CS60-4 Amp which gives a nice sound :)

hi there,

i am thinking to upgrade the is200 speakers but dont know which ones to go for any recomendation? budget is £200-£300. 3 way speakers?

3 way?

this will require some serious mod to get them in mate. the IS stock positions will only accommodate 2 way without cutting interior parts away.

is that budget all round?

for best SQ i would ditch the rears and spend the budget on a good set of fronts mate.. you will get some very nice MB Quarts for that which in my opinion are one of the best sounding ones you can buy in that price range. will leave you some money to get dynamat extreme sound deadening which will make 100% difference to the sound.

well at the moment my front spearkers are not working properly so would jut swap fronts for now. if 3 way is alot of work then i will just stick to 2 way speakers. pioneer speakers any good? i was thinking to buy the vibe ones.

on a budget the vibes are fine..

its all down to what they sound like to you mate..

everybody who has heard mb always seem to go for them. If your sticking with the stock amp though they will prob be wasted on it! its not really going to do any replacement speakers much justice so unless you are thinking of changing the amp in the future then i wouldnt spend more than£100.

what you think of these. http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/alpine-spx...thggqarsmgbl703

my friend has them and selling them some point soon. new just lost the box. if he doesnt sell them then these will do the vibe ones http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/vibe-space...thggqarsmgbl703

not heard them tbh but i always find the lower range Alpine stuff to be a bit harsh, but this range may be completely diff??

if you are gettijg em at a good price and have heard them and like the sound then go for it. will he let you try them in your car first?

just watch the mounting depth and makesure they wont foul the window.

before installing them, buy/make an mdf baffle to mount em and dynamat the door, behind where they are being fitted and on the panel they are mounted on.. this will make more of an impact than your choice of speaker!!

phoned my friend and he aint selling them becasue he just bought a new car so fitting it to them so is vibe my best option then mate.

thanks for all the help guys

Thing is with speakers mate, is that everyone has different tastes in sound and different ears as they say, so if your happy with a set then go for them :)

I like my Vibe setup as it has a good level of bass and does sound good enough to me, there are cheAper sets of speakers out there and some very expensive ones, but go with what your happy with, within your budget but make sure you use a good wiring setup :)

im not sure which ones to go for. im really looking for bass so might just go for vibe. are they hard to fit?

Front doors are quite easy mate, but you will need to make/ buy some spacers for them to stop them fouling the windows inside the door unless they have a shallow fitting? :)

lol i think the stock was pretty fine. what about rear speakers. any recomendation?

cant really comment as i find them too intrusive..

a good amp and front comps would give the best sq imo.

if you already have a sub and amp, its def the best option..