Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Afew Upgrades...

R. iMTY

yes im back from lossing my father :crybaby: RIP but hey life has got to move on sadly....

Right I've got a IS200 on a V-reg & would like to upgrade afew things... some Q's might be silly but pls dont mind me asking you...

I would like to upgrade all of my seats (full leather) + being heated too & electric ejustable

Alloy (which once would you get from the is200 range)

Sports brake pad's/disk/calipper (which brands)

Best suspension for the is200 range for my car

Clear globe headlights for xeon's

Now which year & modle Lexus could I get these from ?

anything else should recomend i should upgrade pls add too

Sorry for the loss of your father, dude.

Let me try and answer some of your q's:

1. Interior. See if you can source a full leather interior (from a crashed 2004/2005 IS200/300). DJ Wozza has done this- he got a full leather interior from a crashed IS200. Check out the on-line breakers.

2. alloys. Depends what you want? 18/19 inch alloys? Personally I like the OEM 18 inch alloys that come with the Aero kit.

3. Brakes. Not to clued up on these, but Mintex (OEM replacements) get good reviews here. Not sure how good EBC brakes are.

4. Suspension. No idea, sorry.

5. Xeons. Again, sorry- no idea.

Sorry to hear about your father..........

As above, for full leather, IS300s had it from 2001 (but door cards were still escaine) or from 2004 onwards IS200s and 300s were full leather (including door cards)

Actual Lexus alloys might be hard to come by unless you want either of the 17" ones (the 5 spokes or the 11 spokes)

The ones that are usually most recommended are the TTE ones (not sure if you can get these anymore) or the Tein stuff.

Easy to get an HID kit for your headlights, to do a projector retrofit is a little more involved though (there are videos on eBay about how to do it if interested)

Thank you for every1's reply!

would a IS300 full leather seats really fit in?!?!?

& would a 05plate is200 /pad's/disk/calipper along with globe headlights fit righ on without bits needed ?

or am i totaly lost...

Can someone tell me "WHICH" I S would cover me on the parts I need..

Thank you for every1's reply!

would a IS300 full leather seats really fit in?!?!?

& would a 05plate is200 /pad's/disk/calipper along with globe headlights fit righ on without bits needed ?

or am i totaly lost...

Can someone tell me "WHICH" I S would cover me on the parts I need..

Yes matey the is300 seats would fit, but would probably need to sort the wiring out on the passenger side to make the seat electics work? you could also search for a set from an is200 LE model as they had the full leather fitted :)

The disc and pads on an 05 model are the same as the ones on the 2000 model that i know of?

You could fit the is300 headlights too but would need to modify the headlight frame so they fit due to them being a different fitting?

For the suspension side, i'd look at the uprated arbs and maybe the set of coilovers in the group buy section that Monster mats sorting out, looks a very good buy for fully adjustable coilovers at £499 a set,

And the alloys i've gone for from the lexus range were the TTE Chicanes but very hard to find now, so maybe the aero set would be next on my list and both are 18" :)

And sorry to hear of your loss mate may he RIP :)

sorry for your loss dude,i know how hard it can be................. i got married on 08/08/08 and my dad passed away on the 09/08/08 the thing that made it worse was he was a fit and healthy 50 year old!!! the peeps on here are a good bunch and anything you need just ask you will get more than enough replys and a lot of help.

Thanks for da replys guys...

Yup, I totaly understand what you mean... I've lost alot of people in my time & im only 24 years old & been thur alot of sh*t

My dad was 55years old but he had cancer... & had no way out of it! :crybaby: as u can see im postying a reply when most people would be asleep!

sorry for your loss dude,i know how hard it can be................. i got married on 08/08/08 and my dad passed away on the 09/08/08 the thing that made it worse was he was a fit and healthy 50 year old!!! the peeps on here are a good bunch and anything you need just ask you will get more than enough replys and a lot of help.