Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Toms 280t Anyone Got One?

Dan_Harris

no not really.

if you want more power maybe see the results of mine and yelarbs conversions as see if they're more cost effective to you?

Stav

They will be interesting to see side by side thats for sure. The Tezza doesn't have the "Lexus" appeal either.

yeah i've seen mate :D both lovely examples however I cannot justify 10k on them when I could get a supra TT 6spd with less mileage for less than £10k

My thoughts were it would be easier and cheaper to get the Lexus comforts into a tezza than get the power potential into a is200

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Glad I have stumbled on this post. As I have been looking at the different ways to get more power but keep the car.

Found this one on the trader.

http://search.autotrader.co.uk/es-uk/www/c...icleRegLetter=S

And could quite easily trade mine in for a few hundred quid and get this. And see power gains close to a S/c orr turbo. But for a fraction of the cost.

Would i be missing out on anything from the IS200??

Coz could quite easily badge it as a lexus, or de-badge it altogether??

Anyone any thoughts on this??

Glad I have stumbled on this post. As I have been looking at the different ways to get more power but keep the car.

And could quite easily trade mine in for a few hundred quid and get this. And see power gains close to a S/c orr turbo. But for a fraction of the cost.

Keighley Trade Centre- I'd do a google search on them. You may be in for a shock.

Halt leather interior, electric seats.

the fact its a Toyota not a lexus,

I've still got the interior from mine (cloth one), so could stick that in before i trade it in, and have half leather in altezza.

I notice the ad doesn't say what mileage it has.

A charged IS200 has more torque than an RS200, I believe. Don't think you can really compare it with a turbo install though, which could potentially give you a lot more power/torque.

I didn't think about torque, but on power front. RS200 has 210, so with exhuast and induction kit, so stick it up about 220ish.

Also thought internals on the 1G-FE were only good for 240bhp-ish?

My basic idea is BHP per £, and an RS200 would give me the most for my money.

Keighley Trade Centre- I'd do a google search on them. You may be in for a shock.

Yeah, was just using that car as a quick example, and with it being close to where I live. :)

Well, I wouldnt look twice for a Lexus as theyre just way too slow (and although the 300s are more akin powerwise to the Altezza - I want a manual!)

So Im looking at al Altezza RS200 as my next car.

Its gonna feel slow compared to my 350bhp Silvia, but I want ONE car for all seasons and I think the Altezza might be it. We'll see. Going for a spin in one next week :)

Have found a big hole in my plan I didn't consider! OPPS!

INSURANCE! Yeah, looking at about 3-4 grand to insure it. Which is a little out my budget to be honest.

So have to go back to looking at turbo and S/chargers me thinks :)

James

Blimey? Are you like 12? :D

Or is 'knocking down lil old ladies' listed as one of your hobbies on Facebook?

PMSL :D

HAHAHA! Yeah, fav passtime of mine.

Nah, i'm 25 and only got licence just before crimbo. So they hit me pretty hard on insurance. :whistling:

Paying £1200 on mine at min. Which is harsh! But will drop next year. :)