Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Traction Control Light

is200ste

Hi guys,

Does anybody know if it a common problem for the Traction control light on the dash to flash on and off, Mine is doing it and Im wondering if its just a sensor or something more serious ?

Cheers, Steve

Hi Stav, Ive only had the car since last Thursday and there are some little niggles but the car was cheap. I knew about the tc light when I bought it and the previous owner said in his year of ownership it had always done this and he thought it was a sensor.

It didnt bother me when buying the car but now im hooked on my Lexus and Im looking to get all the little niggles sorted out.

In answer to your question though, Im not sure about if its been lowered....But I dont think so mate.

sounds like the abs sensor to me,

if it was something more serious the ecu light would be on as well.

best to get it fixed soon though as it means the abs and the traction control wont work properly.

Ok cheers Stav, Would the best place to get this fixed be the Lexus dealership and would this be expensive ?

Hey Ive just noticed youre in Lancashire mate, Any meets happen round these parts ?

No any decent garage should be able to get you the part and fix it, certainly doesnt have to be Lexus.

There is the occasional meets in this area mate, should be some more coming now its summertime.

though its always fun to travel to meets.

you should come down to Santa pod for Japshow in June.

Stav

No any decent garage should be able to get you the part and fix it, certainly doesnt have to be Lexus.

There is the occasional meets in this area mate, should be some more coming now its summertime.

Stav

Yeah Id definately be up for the santa pod show, I wont be doing any runs though as its not the fastest cat Ive owned lol

Stav

Yeah Id definately be up for the santa pod show, I wont be doing any runs though as its not the fastest cat Ive owned lol

Be good to see you there mate, usually get a few guys meeting up on the way, so you could always do that and enjoy a mini convoy :D

If the TRC OFF light is on all the time, and the TRC indicator is flashing all the time, then that indicates a malfucntion with something to do with the TRC. As Stav said, the most likely culprit is an faulty speed sensor (ABS sensor) - they can be damaged pretty easily when doing work around the wheels/brakes/suspension - though there are other possibilities as well.

my TRC OFF light has been flashing for quite some time now. I mentioned it in another thread but it hasnt bothered me really. Had my mechanic read the codes off the car but funnily enough everything came up fine. No error codes were read at all. When the car is turned off the error goes away but then when ur driving and reach near 30mph the light starts flashing and will continue to flash until the engine is turned off. My mechanic said that its probably a sensor as well but the thing thats confusing me is that how do I know which sensor it is coz i'm guessing theres 4 sensors, one for each wheel? Is there any way to check which sensor is faulty?

I would be careful because in *theory* if you knowingly drive around your car with one of the safety aids turned off, and then you have an accident the insurance company *might* refuse to pay out if they thought it was in any way connected with the accident.

Yes there is a separate sensor for each wheel. There's some info here about trying to diagnose the fault.

There are ways that Toyota/Lexus can diagnose if there's a speed sensor problem using the procedures here, but I'm not clear whether this is possible with normal OBDII readers.

my TRC OFF light has been flashing for quite some time now. I mentioned it in another thread but it hasnt bothered me really. Had my mechanic read the codes off the car but funnily enough everything came up fine. No error codes were read at all. When the car is turned off the error goes away but then when ur driving and reach near 30mph the light starts flashing and will continue to flash until the engine is turned off. My mechanic said that its probably a sensor as well but the thing thats confusing me is that how do I know which sensor it is coz i'm guessing theres 4 sensors, one for each wheel? Is there any way to check which sensor is faulty?

Its just the TRC OFF light on mine aswell, Its just flashes on and off, Mine comes on as soon as the car is started though and carries on until the engine is switched off.

I dont want to take it to lexus for fear of getting spanked for something which is probably a little problem.

belle vue mate...I'd suggest u try and get the codes read off the car. My mechanic does it for a tenner IIRC but didnt charge me as I'd just got a full service including belts done off him. He's a really sound guy so if u want his details then could pass them onto u.

btw my cars in platinum ice as well mate but I got HID's and tbh think mine is the only plat ice car in manc with hid's...well..I aint seen any others yet lol