Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Sound Of Water In The Car

frenchyboy

Check the coolant level mate, Behind the radiator there is a black bottle with a filler cap on the top of it with a pipe coming from the cap, it has a clear window in the rear of the bottle, Have a look if you can see fluid in it? A lot of the time it just requires topping up :)

Check the coolant level mate, Behind the radiator there is a black bottle with a filler cap on the top of it with a pipe coming from the cap, it has a clear window in the rear of the bottle, Have a look if you can see fluid in it? A lot of the time it just requires topping up :)

will check that and the other thing was the heating doesent get very hot,does the system bleed its self?

will check that and the other thing was the heating doesent get very hot,does the system bleed its self?

Does sound like you need to top the coolant up mate, try and get the toyota coolant though if you can :)

Does sound like you need to top the coolant up mate, try and get the toyota coolant though if you can :)

thanks mate

thanks mate

Anytime matey :D Enjoy your Lex :D

My old pug 406 did this, it got more and more predominant and the electric windows started playing up. A few weeks later the heater matrix blew its load all over the passenger footwell and got into the electric window system thingy. Not saying that the japanese hardnut is anything like the weasly little peugeot - but have a look around for any damp patches in the footwells and up behind the headunit area.

Presuming the matrix is in that area...?

If you find nothing, then put your mind at rest against it being the matrix. :)

My old pug 406 did this, it got more and more predominant and the electric windows started playing up. A few weeks later the heater matrix blew its load all over the passenger footwell and got into the electric window system thingy. Not saying that the japanese hardnut is anything like the weasly little peugeot - but have a look around for any damp patches in the footwells and up behind the headunit area.

Presuming the matrix is in that area...?

If you find nothing, then put your mind at rest against it being the matrix. :)

fingers crossed it aint the matrix

now this is weird. I had a real panic with my car just before I put it on the road. While I was getting it all ready and cleaning it out so it was nice and fresh when I put it on the road I noticed that the passenger side footwell carpet was wet but it was on the far left of the carpet. This dried out with me putting the heating on and I aint had the issue since but it really **** me up as I thought it was the matrix. Anyway, when it came to me starting my ICE install and I got to removing the standard amp so I could connect the bypass lead up I noticed that the amp has got loads of what looks like corrosion on it. Its like a white substance on the heatsink, which I think is defo corrosion and looks like somehow somewhere along the lines water has got into the car but I still aint tracked this down or figured anything out or seen any water. Could someone shed some light on this maybe as its still really bugging me?

just remembered about this thread...stevie...I'll have a look into it when I get a chance hopefully this weekend. I dont think the carpet is wet or has been wet since I've had the car on the road so hopefully it was only a little niggle. If its the windscreen thats leaking then will it need to be removed completely and resealed?

just remembered about this thread...stevie...I'll have a look into it when I get a chance hopefully this weekend. I dont think the carpet is wet or has been wet since I've had the car on the road so hopefully it was only a little niggle. If its the windscreen thats leaking then will it need to be removed completely and resealed?

Hopefully there isn't a leak there and the corrosion was caused some other way. But if it is a leaking windscreen, then judging by other threads on this it seems like removing it and re-sealing it is the only sure way to fix it.