Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Ecu Error P1346

lexyman

Hi All

I have an IS200 se. I have never had a problem till now. A few weeks ago the oil light intermitantly came on the dashboard when the car was started. A few days later the light stayed on and then the traction light and engine management light came on. I limped it to the garage and they changed the oil pump and all was fine. I drive approx 100mile and then all of a sudden traction and management light came on again. I limped it back to the garage. And the said it could be anything such as bent cam shaft etc.

I took it to another garage nad they have ran it and plugged the laptop in and they say mechanically the engine is fine apart form the VVT Sensor for the Cam shaft. This was change but even though there is now no loss of power after approx 50miles the engine management light comes on with error code P1346 - cam shaft position sensor - the range or pwerformance is wrong. The engine seems to run fine and no longer goes into limp mode but the light comes on.

Any ideas out there? - thanks in advance

Have you had the timing belt changed recently?

After a cambelt change I got the same error code, in my case the timing was knocked out when the new belt was fitted.

My car ran fine even with the timing out.

Have you had the timing belt changed recently?

After a cambelt change I got the same error code, in my case the timing was knocked out when the new belt was fitted.

My car ran fine even with the timing out.

Thanks for the reply. The Belt was chaged at the start of 2008. Everything has been fine until this oil pump problem a few weeks ago.