Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Which Fault Code Reader

Hi, I'm another newbie and was looking for the same thing. My LS400 is a 92, which makes it OBD1, as opposed to the much more sophisticated OBD2. OBD1 doesnt seem to have readers, each manufacturer has a slightly different set up and you need a reader per manufacturer, or an expensive garage one to read them all.

The American market also seems to use a different connector. I think we are stuck with the paperclip and count the flashing light proceedure

Ian

http://www.lexls.com/tutorials/intro/codereading.html

Looks like yours will be OBDII, according to this link.

Ian

Ian, Cheers mate for the help.

looking at the link my socket looks just like the one on the earlier models as you have pointed out, "it's the socket i have the problem with now!" not looking as thou i can use a shorting link has to be a code reader.

I need a reader with this socket/plug connection..

There must be a fly lead that will connect to the standard connection as used on the OBDII ?

I will keep looking !

John

Ian, Cheers mate for the help.

looking at the link my socket looks just like the one on the earlier models as you have pointed out, "it's the socket i have the problem with now!" not looking as thou i can use a shorting link has to be a code reader.

I need a reader with this socket/plug connection..

There must be a fly lead that will connect to the standard connection as used on the OBDII ?

I will keep looking !

John

I have just used the other diagnostic socket, the one on the engine, on my car it is a rectangular socket, not like the round one inside the car. Might be worth having a look at your under bonnet socket